What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

The more ‘Johnny Cash’ looking guy, he turns out to be the bad sheep of my mate’s family.

I had no idea when I bought it. Showed him the cover and he said, oh yeah, that’s my Uncle.

Reminded of it due to @Seat68 contribution to deadpool.

Alfie Calford, Cal Ford was marvellous. I think its his son who now plays live doing a similar thing, Ian Calford. I prefer Cal Ford. Gorgeous voice on him and that version above is dare I say it, as good as the original. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Bought as a random because the suits n shirts were kinda funny lookin’ and it was recorded in ‘mid Wales sound studios’.

image.jpeg.3c8f6f4fa90ee95b3ada534e3de6aae4.jpeg

Bonus, it is, as you say, actually very listenable.

I ummed and aahed over this album for a while now, just bought a copy thats in Germany. 

• Like 1

Shuffle throws up a song that could be about the fungus

"More and more people I Know are getting ill / Pull something good from the Ashes, now be still / You came on your own / That's how you'll leave / With hope in your hands And air to breathe / You'll lose everything By the end / Still my broken limbs / You choose to mend

An End has a Start

• Like 1

Absolute sweet spot on that one.

Just the right vibe and just the right amount of poor ‘lo-fi’ reproduction.

That’s community centre / village hall disco, 1982.

image.jpeg.752871bba971f7fc52674945f404400b.jpeg

They’ll have to stop the music in a minute because the floor bouncing is making the needle jump.

You knew when they’d put something great on, they had to calm everyone down so the records would play.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Absolute sweet spot on that one.

Just the right vibe and just the right amount of poor ‘lo-fi’ reproduction.

That’s community centre / village hall disco, 1982.

image.jpeg.752871bba971f7fc52674945f404400b.jpeg

They’ll have to stop the music in a minute because the floor bouncing is making the needle jump.

You knew when they’d put something great on, they had to calm everyone down so the records would play.

I had not heard it before. Gorgeous bit of dirty soul. Its my preferred kind. 

• Like 1

Â