What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Something so heartbreaking no pun intended about Cardiacs' Tim Smith. It's hard to put my finger on it. There's a kind of innocence and fragility in his maniacal expressions. RIP

Spot on. That's what I get from him as well. 

• Like 1

On 02/01/2024 at 08:44, bickster said:

@GarethRDR if it's Laurent Garnier we're talking about.... Whole album is brilliant! (De Pecula - whole album here)

So great. Got me thinking about Suicide (the band!) ... Can I just say, that in the video below, there are surely a lot of drugs involved.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

So great. Got me thinking about Suicide (the band!) ... Can I just say, that in the video below, there are surely a lot of drugs involved

Well have this cover of a Suicide song by Moon Duo, (guitarist Ripley Johnson) then that might also lead you to his other bands Wooden Shjips and Rose City Band

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been feeling nasty all week.  Blowing out green gunk, waking up coughing up green gunk, and having coughing fits that made me puke up on a few occasions :puke:.  I also had people at work tell me (through virtual calls) "Jesus, you sound terrible!".  "Yes, I know!".  I carried on and now I feel I'm back, feeling great and I think this is the tune I've been longing to play throughout.

Edited by trekka
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Well have this cover of a Suicide song by Moon Duo, (guitarist Ripley Johnson) then that might also lead you to his other bands Wooden Shjips and Rose City Band

Oooh. I like this curated trail! Here I go

4 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Something so heartbreaking no pun intended about Cardiacs' Tim Smith. It's hard to put my finger on it. There's a kind of innocence and fragility in his maniacal expressions. RIP

Yep. Now you've got me listening to this masterpiece

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And this is how you write poetry in song. Jesus, what a tune. Devastating beyond belief. Thinking it might be the best song the Boss ever wrote.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 2

Hard to put into words the magic of the Summer of '76 in the States. A festive bicentennial in the air, a laidback, down-to-earth candidate for president running, and this song. Kiki's hair and dungarees, Elton's plaid sport jacket -- what more do you need? This song brings it all back for me. 

• Like 2

Always think it’s something of a ballsy move to give a song the same name as an even more famous song. Especially something unique like “Goldfinger” where the phrase doesn’t appear anywhere in the lyrics of the second song of the same name :D

The carefree attitude of youth, I guess.

• Like 1

Â