Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

It's all about keeping our noses in front of the pack from now on. Looking at the final day, we may have Burnley but Leicester face QPR and Hull host Man U. Quite feasible we play for a gentleman's draw and both stay up.

I think Tottenham are on the beach, they always fade towards the end of the season. Chance of a draw at least perhaps?

Burnley last game of the season will not be winnable!

Edited by foreveryoung

Palace will be oozing in confidence after their win against City, so I feel they'll hammer Sunderland (who are missing Larsson for the next two games who has been important for them).

Arsenal are flying high and are second, so they'll be too much for Burnley to handle (hopefully they'll win by a big margin). Chelsea should beat QPR and knowing WBA they'll lose against Leicester.

Also, I'd hope that Spurs wouldn't want 5th (Europa League), I have a feeling we can get a point maybe all three!).

Edited by ismail-villa

It's this time of the season that you get shock results, so I wouldn't be surprised if QPR and Burnley got something from their games at the weekend at all, they've got home advantage. I expect Hull to give Southampton a good game as well and wouldn't be surprised if they got something. We really need to be beating Tottenham, somehow.

Reasons to be optimistic - Benteke 7 in last 5, grealish, vlaar back and hopefully a couple more defenders by the time we face Everton. Reasons to be negative - absolutely no peace until relegation or survival is confirmed in May.. frickin May!

I think Tottenham are on the beach, they always fade towards the end of the season. Chance of a draw at least perhaps?

think Spurs dont want to be near the Europa League

Reasons to be optimistic - Benteke 7 in last 5, grealish, vlaar back and hopefully a couple more defenders by the time we face Everton. Reasons to be negative - absolutely no peace until relegation or survival is confirmed in May.. frickin May!

I don't see this as a reason to be optimistic

I think were much more solid with Okore in the side

Him and Clark seem to play better together as a unit

Edited by AshVilla

think Spurs dont want to be near the Europa League

Of course they dont want to be, but come on you know thats not how football works. They wont turn up in front of their home crowd in the synagogue and throw the game. We have to go at them and hope for the best

For me all the talk about the fixtures of ourselves and the teams around us isn't comparable. The problem with our run in is who we are and how we play. Our manager is tactically naive and we simply can't get near any teams that aren't fighting relegation - I just feel that all the teams around us would fare much better in our fixtures than we will. There's no shocks in this Aston Villa team and tonight we've squandered the one game we should've been winning comfortably. I can't see us getting out of this as the likes of Everton and West Ham will capitalise on our nervousness and desperation and undoubtedly roll us over. Not to mention the usual drubbing at Man City and Spurs.

I expect us to be in the bottom three in two weekends time and I can't see us getting back out of it.

Edited by roonst83