Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

Personally I would have preferred a QPR/Everton draw. Simple maths, two points between rivals rather than three. This puts Everton safe basically so is one less team to fight against but QPR don't close gap at all I suppose but still think the better result would have been a draw to keep Everton in it whilst giving QPR very little help.

I just don't think Everton could really be considered a relegation rival, even before this match. Too many good players, too many teams below them. 

Overall, only our own result is disappointing this weekend. Unfortunately, now our fixtures turn and sooner or later some of these teams are going to pick up points somewhere. 

Personally I would have preferred a QPR/Everton draw. Simple maths, two points between rivals rather than three. This puts Everton safe basically so is one less team to fight against but QPR don't close gap at all I suppose but still think the better result would have been a draw to keep Everton in it whilst giving QPR very little help.

I understand this and I'd hope that we would have a good finish to the season and possibly finish above the likes of Everton, especially if they had dropped points today. The reality is we need to ensure we finish above at least 3 teams. Todays results have helped us in this season's rather unambitious aim.

How pathetic that once again we are relying on other teams to do us favours so we can stay up and be just as inept the next season.

Its hard to get enthusiastic about these results when we don't do ourselves any favours by snatching last minute defeats.

• Like 2

All results went our way this weekend expect our own, trouble is all the other teams down there can say exactly the same thing.

Yeah but at this stage of the season it's all about running down the clock. We just need to make sure we stay ahead of those below us.

• Like 3

Well we have 2 horrible fixtures coming up and i can't see the fixtures going our way again twice in a row surely

We've got the QPR game sandwiched in between remember.

That truly is a must-win at this point. 

All results went our way this weekend expect our own, trouble is all the other teams down there can say exactly the same thing.

We are outside the bottom three and another game closer to the end of the season. I'd say that makes us ever so slightly better off; particularly better off than QPR who would have been even more hopeful of a point or 3 against a struggling Everton who have just returned from a heavy defeat in far away Kiev.

Well we have 2 horrible fixtures coming up and i can't see the fixtures going our way again twice in a row surely

We've got the QPR game sandwiched in between remember.

That truly is a must-win at this point. 

100% agreed.

We are outside the bottom three and another game closer to the end of the season. I'd say that makes us ever so slightly better off; particularly better off than QPR who would have been even more hopeful of a point or 3 against a struggling Everton who have just returned from a heavy defeat in far away Kiev.

It's also another match gone in a game where you'd think we'd be more likely to gains points in comparison to most of our other fixtures. It's now put massive pressure on the QPR game. I still think we'll stay up but I don't think this weekend has been particulary kind to us, all of our own doing of course.

So the bottom 7 teams all lose this weekend.

It's like we now have a mini league of 7, and we're 3rd, which isn't bad. WBA look out of our reach at the top of the pile, but you never know.

So the bottom 7 teams all lose this weekend.

It's like we now have a mini league of 7, and we're 3rd, which isn't bad. WBA look out of our reach at the top of the pile, but you never know.

West Brom are fine. Unless they do what we did at this stage last season they'll stay well clear.

How are Villa 16th with less than 30 points and it is nearly April? There are some truly dire sides in this league. 35 points should be enough- 2 wins from Burnley Everton  West Ham and QPR, plus a point or a win away from home. It is really not that difficult Villa....