Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

What? Short of us getting some points this weekend has been very kind of to us.

We lost arguably one of our easiest fixtures left of the season, given that Swansea have nothing to play for. Other teams lost too but they all had tougher matches, I think us losing to Swansea is a bigger boost to our rivals than them losing the games they lost is a boost to us.

If we win one and they lose, we'll be two points behind them. I wouldn't say they're clear of danger just yet.

Obviously we have a tricky set of fixtures coming up, but I'm sure they have a few tough ones too before the end of the season.

We lost arguably one of our easiest fixtures left of the season, given that Swansea have nothing to play for. Other teams lost too but they all had tougher matches, I think us losing to Swansea is a bigger boost to our rivals than them losing the games they lost is a boost to us.

Losing to Swansea was obviously bad but every single one of our rivals also lost - that is not a case of the weekend not being kind to us, it's the opposite actually. We've been incredibly fortunate to lose yet not have anyone else gain on us.

We've still got 4 very winnable home games left anyway.

• Like 3

Every result went our way this weekend bar the one we had some influence over.

I think it has been a very good weekend for us. One game less to play and we still find ourselves with the same cushion as we had previously. Of the home games we had left before yesterday based on the league table we got the hardest one out of the way.

I am still supremely confident we will stay up.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

Losing to Swansea was obviously bad but every single one of our rivals also lost - that is not a case of the weekend not being kind to us, it's the opposite actually. We've been incredibly fortunate to lose yet not have anyone else gain on us.

One very (QPR), three simply "winnable" (Toffees, Hammers, Burnley). I think we're going to end up with 34-35 points. Will it be enough? Maybe. 

34 points will have been enough in 8 of the last 10 seasons I believe I read a stat few weeks ago, for I to be more than 34 a lot of those at the bottom will need to win 4 out of the last 9 games which ain't going to happen.

2 more wins and we will be fine.

34 points will have been enough in 8 of the last 10 seasons I believe I read a stat few weeks ago, for I to be more than 34 a lot of those at the bottom will need to win 4 out of the last 9 games which ain't going to happen.

Hoops are must-win, and then we just have to beat the **** Hammers. I think Burnley will be trickier because, well, they're playing for their lives. Hoops must be feeling it's a lost cause at this point, but of course, that's often tricky, too.

Edited by Plastic Man

Every result went our way this weekend bar the one we had some influence over.

I think it has been a very good weekend for us. One game less to play and we still find ourselves with the same cushion as we had previously. Of the home games we had left before yesterday based on the league table we got the hardest one out of the way.

I am still supremely confident we will stay up.

Its been a good weekend with all our rivals losing yes. But turn it around and it would have been a much better weekend if we would have won. 6 pointer as good as, would have been well clear

Hoops are must-win, and then we just have to beat the **** Hammers. I think Burnley will be trickier because, well, they're playing for their lives. Hoops must be feeling it's a lost cause at this point, but of course, that's often tricky, too.

Personally not looking at that Burnley game because I think it will be settled from our pov in that last game, I honestly think we will go into that game safe, I'm looking at hull and there fixtures and I cant see them picking up another 6 points tbh

All results went our way this weekend expect our own, trouble is all the other teams down there can say exactly the same thing.

We are outside the bottom three and another game closer to the end of the season. I'd say that makes us ever so slightly better off; particularly better off than QPR who would have been even more hopeful of a point or 3 against a struggling Everton who have just returned from a heavy defeat in far away Kiev.

It's also another match gone in a game where you'd think we'd be more likely to gains points in comparison to most of our other fixtures. It's now put massive pressure on the QPR game. I still think we'll stay up but I don't think this weekend has been particulary kind to us, all of our own doing of course.

I think a decent Swansea team had a fair say in our result too. In regard to where points are predicted to come from, QPR's result was worse than ours. Yes, Burnley and Leicester wouldn't have been hoping for any more than a point but another game goes by and another zero points was returned.

In regard to whether this weekend was good or bad for us, a good measure might be the bookies relegation odds. We have moved out from around 7/2 to 9/2. Obviously a win yesterday would have been great and probably sent our odds out to around 6/1, but this weekend has moved us very slightly in the right direction.

If anyone is sure we will still be relegated, the bookies odds say a season ticket at Villa Park next season can be had for around £100. I expect that will increase after our next away game but hope it will get cheaper after 3 points against QPR. :)

• Like 1

It's good that all the other teams lost, my point is that we lost perhaps one of our easiest fixtures left of the season whilst our rivals lost one of their toughest fixtures left. Hopefully when the others play their 'easier' games they can be as kind to us  as we was to them yesterday.

I still think we'll stay up though finishing above both Hull and Burnley.

• Like 1

It's good that all the other teams lost, my point is that we lost perhaps one of our easiest fixtures left of the season whilst our rivals lost one of their toughest fixtures left. Hopefully when the others play their 'easier' games they can be as kind to us  as we was to them yesterday.

Are Swansea really that easy though? QPR will definitely be "easier", as will West Ham and Everton probably.

At this stage it's about getting points on the board, especially so for the teams currently below us. Sunderland, Burnley and QPR fans won't take solace in the fact that we lost an easier game than them, they'll be ruing the fact that we just got one round closer to the finish line without them gaining on us.

• Like 2

Are Swansea really that easy though? QPR will definitely be "easier", as will West Ham and Everton probably.

At this stage it's about getting points on the board, especially so for the teams currently below us. Sunderland, Burnley and QPR fans won't take solace in the fact that we lost an easier game than them, they'll be ruing the fact that we just got one round closer to the finish line without them gaining on us.

QPR will be fightng for their lives as it'll probably be their last chance of staying in touch, so I don't think that match will be as easy as some might imagine. West Ham have been challenging near the top for much of the season and Everton might kick on a bit now that they're out of the Europa.

I'm not trying to talk down our chances of staying up either, just think yesterday was a big missed opportunity. I've got a feeling we might get a few points from the trio of away games we've got coming up.

Edited by useless