Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

I would never, ever skydive or do a bungee jump. I'm terrified of heights, and it's a bit too risky for my risk averse brain. I don't even do roller coasters.

Edited by Michelsen

I have never had any desire for adrenaline rush. You couldn't pay me to go on a rollercoaster, let alone bungee jump. I don't even like being a passenger in a fast car or on an undulating road (although I'm fine if I'm driving).

I would never, ever skydive or do a bungee jump. I'm terrified of hights, and it's a bit too risky for my risk averse brain. I don't even do roller coasters.

I have a real problem with heights (I struggle walking across bridges sometimes) but I'd have a go at both were I to get the chance.

Bleeding love roller coasters.

• Like 2

I don't even like being a passenger in a fast car or on an undulating road (although I'm fine if I'm driving).

That is actually one of the few of that type of thing I think I'd enjoy. Cars and aeroplanes, go as fast as you like. Yet I struggle to climb a stepladder.

With me it's not fear of heights (I grew up in a high rise), or risk aversion. I love flying, provided the plane is fairly steady. It's the 'stomach flip', the acceleration, and the awareness of not being in control that freaks me out. I often wonder how much money it would take to get me on an extreme theme park ride. Quite possibly no amount, seriously.

Edited by mjmooney

With me it's not fear of heights (I grew up in a high rise), or risk aversion. I love flying, provided the plane is fairly steady. It's the 'stomach flip' and the awareness of not being in control that freaks me out. I often wonder how much money it would take to get me on an extreme theme park ride. Quite possibly no amount, seriously.

But think of the compo ! 1 hour at Alton Towers and you'll be driving a Phantom.

• Like 2

Not worth it. The thought horrifies me. I once took my kids on one of the tame rides at Alton Towers (I think it was the runaway mine train). One of the worst experiences of my life. They loved it, of course. Shudder.

• Like 1

The Runaway Mine Train is actually pretty decent for what it is .

The Big One at Blackpool is my favourite because it feels as though it was knocked up by Blue Peter and then given a safety certificate by FIFA.

There's nothing like those few seconds before your cock explodes.

The perils of being a suicide bummer.

• Like 2

On the other hand, I have no fear of spiders, and am constantly amazed by people who do.

same here, spiders, heights all them sorts of things I don't get why people are scared of them...having said that I have a massive phobia of red sauce

• Like 1

why the word soccer infuriates so many people

its a word created by the english and adopted by americans, aussies, canadians and kiwis.

to this day the term soccer is still used by the bbc, world soccer magazine, etc.

why the ffff is it such an annoyance to people

At Calais,  surely the easiest way to get rid of the scum trying to get into lorries to get into the UK is to:-

Purchase 10 x 40 ton lorries UK registered.

Park them in the Queue to get on the tunnel / ferry.

Make them easy to get into.

Camera in the back.

Wait until full then padlock the back and drive them to South of Spain.

Open / Empty.

Repeat.

(Make sure there is food and water etc.)  Lot cheaper than dealing with it when they manage to get across.

• Like 1

why the word soccer infuriates so many people

its a word created by the english and adopted by americans, aussies, canadians and kiwis.

to this day the term soccer is still used by the bbc, world soccer magazine, etc.

why the ffff is it such an annoyance to people

Yeah this gets me as well.

Over here with the A League, the FFA have started marketing the sport as "football" as opposed to "soccer" because they want to push the whole world game angle.

But then you get these f***wits who will correct you when you say soccer, even when you're using soccer to differentiate the sport from Australian football, which is obviously a much bigger sport over here.

I don't really get why people are so precious about what is comfortably the biggest sport in the world. Are you worried people might not know what you mean and sign their kids up to play the wrong sport? It's laughable. Soccer is a perfectly fine term and works well in countries where other football codes are common.

Â