Paul Lambert

limpid

It might wreck them, but the ten Benteke's could do an whole lot of damage too , it doesn't bear thinking about,  hopefully it never ever ever comes to anything like that.

Ten Bentekes with bare hands would do very little damage to a Polar Bear. The **** can weigh up to 700kg and smash through 6 feet of ice!! The Bentekes would be too lazy to even run away!

"I done wrestled with ten Polar Bears, I done tussled with a whale; handcuffed lightning, thrown thunder in jail; only last week, I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalised a brick; I'm so mean I make medicine sick."

~ Christian Bentenke
  • Like 3

Is the team lacking in motivation?

Has Lambert lost the dressing room and we are going through the motions?

No

No

I agree.  Other than Benteke, there doesn't seem to have been a lack of effort, they have just been playing very badly with the wrong tactics most of the time.

No

No

I agree.  Other than Benteke, there doesn't seem to have been a lack of effort, they have just been playing very badly with the wrong tactics most of the time.

Agreed (we seem to be doing this a lot lately!)

I can't say i've noticed a lack of motivation from our players. it's been key to a lot of the points we've actually managed to gain this season. But even in games we've lost I've always got the impression that the players are really trying. Arsenal is probably the exception but that was a result of us getting spanked as opposed to not playing for the manager.

I think the team are still playing for Lambert. But, like the compliment that's he's built a decent squad, that makes the lack of points on the board more worrying, if anything.

As I've said a few times, no improvement over the next 2 months is unacceptable.

Could be his last game in charge tonight if it all goes tits up.......

I think if we lose tonight then he will get sacked.

If we lose tonight and he doesn't get sacked then he really is unsackable this season, imo.

If we lose tonight and he doesn't get sacked then he really is unsackable this season, imo.

Especially if its a defeat and totally crap performance. I think the majority of players have had enough of him now.

Especially if its a defeat and totally crap performance. I think the majority of players have had enough of him now.

I don't think your second sentence is true whatsoever.

No

No

Agreed (we seem to be doing this a lot lately!)

I can't say i've noticed a lack of motivation from our players. it's been key to a lot of the points we've actually managed to gain this season. But even in games we've lost I've always got the impression that the players are really trying. Arsenal is probably the exception but that was a result of us getting spanked as opposed to not playing for the manager.

I think the team are still playing for Lambert. But, like the compliment that's he's built a decent squad, that makes the lack of points on the board more worrying, if anything.

As I've said a few times, no improvement over the next 2 months is unacceptable.

Mid April with no improvement would probably mean relegation, as there would be little chance at that stage to turn it round.

I don't think your second sentence is true whatsoever.

Thats fair enough, thats just what I think. Im not sure the complete change in direction of the way we play has gone down too well, especially in the middle of a season were we are doing really badly. The players to me seem to be lacking in direction and motivation under the guidance of a man that clearly has no idea what he is doing. It cant be good for them?

I honestly think we could lose 4-0 tonight and sacking him still wouldn't even come into consideration.

Lacking direction, maybe, probably in fact.

But I think they're all playing for the manager still. I've seen nothing to suggest that the players aren't motivated apart from possibly Benteke.

Here is my view: A manager does not control, direct and motivate a team of 25 squad players on his own, although he is accountable. The management team aren't doing a good job and Lambert is accountable. But, what would his arguement be?. Well, he doesn't have a true, experienced and gifted Assistant Manager. I also couldn't say with confidence that AVFC have replaced the Coaches that have left/been sacked adequately. After all, if finances are squeezed on the pitch (one of the most important aspects of a Football club to spend money on), then finances will be squeezed off it too.

With the right support Lambert would do the job of getting us in the top half in my opinion. Without it, evidently he is struggling to stay in control.

I look at the squad and see a top 10 team (at least). Getting the best out of that team is the problem. Sacking Lambert won't solve it in my opinion. Supporting Lambert and employing a good assistant and coach or two would. I also think employing good coaches would be a lot easier, cheaper and less de-stabilising than a relegation or Sacking Lambert. Go on Randy, do the right think (I assume he reads this thread?).

To some, this may sound as though I am scratching around for reasons to stick with Lambo. Maybe I am.

I think tonight's game will give us an insight into how the next few months are going to pan out for us. Historically, when needed, Lambert has been able to get the lads up for the games against the teams around us and that's probably why we are still a Premier League club.

Losing tonight's game might just show a turning of the tide in that sense and, if so, might set alarm bells ringing on the other side of the Atlantic. Although, I say "might set alarm bells ringing" without any real confidence that it will.

Â