Paul Lambert

limpid

I'm sure most won't agree bit Vlaar or Sendoros ever returns I'll think we'll be fine. It's that one moment of lack of organisation costing us cheap goals every game.[/quote

I really can't see Sendoros or Vlar solving our goal scoring problems , saying that , bearing in mind Lamberts' recent judgement , it wouldn't surprise me seeing either one of them turning out as a centre forward .

cant be as bad as what we currently have up front :P

There's a lot of things we'll never know but sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith, and let Lambert do his thing.

The mind feckin boggles , it really does . Someone find me a bouncy castle , plze .

You might as well lampoon Lambert for not playing Guzan as centre forward because we'll never know if he'd be really good at it.

• Like 1

The goals will come. But we will continue to concede

There's a lot of things we'll never know but sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith, and let Lambert do his thing.

Really???

I don't understand what your questioning about my post.

I'm sure most won't agree bit Vlaar or Sendoros ever returns I'll think we'll be fine. It's that one moment of lack of organisation costing us cheap goals every game.[/quote

I really can't see Sendoros or Vlar solving our goal scoring problems , saying that , bearing in mind Lamberts' recent judgement , it wouldn't surprise me seeing either one of them turning out as a centre forward .

How can some people be in such denial ? Oh yeah , it's Lerners' fault , I forgot .

I think Lambert needs to be a bit braver in the "winnable" games for the remainder of the season. The midfield 3 of either Delph, Westwood, Cleverley or Sanchez needs to be broken up and changed to a 2. Sanchez and Westwood would be my two but I can't see Lambert leaving out Delph. 

Needs to go

----Delph - Sanchez --

Sinclair - Gil - Weimann

Gabby*

* Or Benteke if he decides he wants to play football again.

IF anything history suggests he will do the complete opposite.

Really???

I'm shocked that you are implying we should have faith in Lambert. Sorry if I misunderstood.

The mind feckin boggles , it really does . Someone find me a bouncy castle , plze .

You might as well lampoon Lambert for not playing Guzan as centre forward because we'll never know if he'd be really good at it.[/quote

You can't be that bored , surely you can fill the void better than that , that was the proverbial straw for me . Over and out .

How can some people be in such denial ? Oh yeah , it's Lerners' fault , I forgot .

There's no denial. I want Lambert gone big time. But we can't ignore we've had our first choice centre half pairing out nearly all season. It's not an excuse, it's just an observation.

Really???

I'm shocked that you are implying we should have faith in Lambert. Sorry if I misunderstood.

Lambert is a Manager at one of the top twenty football teams in the country. I'm not saying that people can't question his decisions, just that sometimes it has to be accepted that he makes his choices for a reason and in the majority of cases he' better qualified to make them than most of us. 

• Like 2

You might as well lampoon Lambert for not playing Guzan as centre forward because we'll never know if he'd be really good at it.

Yes we do! He is a goalkeeper - he would be shit as a centre forward. Try harder.

Of course he is better qualified but he still way out of his depth as Aston Villa manager.

Part of me looks forward to seeing what the next manager might be able to do with the squad, but statements like this are just silly.

It's possible that he's out of his depth as Villa manager, but we have absolutely no way of knowing for sure. The bad results and performances suggest that he's probably not the greatest managerial genius in football history, but so what? Are we in a position to attract the greatest managerial genius in football history? No.

The truth is probably that any manager would be out of his depth trying to drag 2012's 16th placed Aston Villa up the table on the current budget. Lambert has my respect for (if nothing else) taking on the job and sticking at it.

• Like 1

Of course he is better qualified but he still way out of his depth as Aston Villa manager.

Part of me looks forward to seeing what the next manager might be able to do with the squad, but statements like this are just silly.

It's possible that he's out of his depth as Villa manager, but we have absolutely no way of knowing for sure. The bad results and performances suggest that he's probably not the greatest managerial genius in football history, but so what? Are we in a position to attract the greatest managerial genius in football history? No.

The truth is probably that any manager would be out of his depth trying to drag 2012's 16th placed Aston Villa up the table on the current budget. Lambert has my respect for (if nothing else) taking on the job and sticking at it.

Silly in your opinion mate. I reckon at least 90% of villa fans would agree with that statement. Does that make them all silly?

I agree his budget has been appalling but he has agreed to work with it, therefore he has accepted those conditions even though he knows full well the fans well not accept relegation battles each season along with negative records broken.

So as far as I'm concerned he is way out of his depth as Aston Villa manager, regardless of whether you think that statement is silly or not.

• Like 2

He has your respect for taking a better job, more money and refusing to give up any compensation owed to him. Why would any of that deserve respect?

• Like 2

He has your respect for taking a better job, more money and refusing to give up any compensation owed to him. Why would any of that deserve respect?

He has my respect for believing himself to be good enough to do the job and, whatever his motives, being able to keep going even after realising what a monumental task he has taken on.

He also has my respect for generally being pretty dignified about it, and never ever trying to deflect blame from himself, even at times when he'd have a fair case for doing so.

There really is no excuses now. We have almost a full squad to choose from, and fixtures we really should be picking up points from. It's do or die time...and I will say this, Lambert does seem to have the knack of scraping these results when really needed.

He has my respect for believing himself to be good enough to do the job and, whatever his motives, being able to keep going even after realising what a monumental task he has taken on.

He also has my respect for generally being pretty dignified about it, and never ever trying to deflect blame from himself, even at times when he'd have a fair case for doing so.

So McLeish had your respect also then? Doesn't every manager believe themselves to be good enough for any job they take?

Didn't he tell us fans that our expectations are unrealistic. Seems very much like deflecting blame away from the job he's done.

• Like 1

There really is no excuses now. We have almost a full squad to choose from, and fixtures we really should be picking up points from. It's do or die time...and I will say this, Lambert does seem to have the knack of scraping these results when really needed.

It feels like the damage has been done and most of the players don't seem to be playing for Lambert anymore, I thought the signings of Gil and Delph's new contract would change that and it has to some players like Weimann for example, but what alarms me is the body language of Benteke and Gabby tell's me they simply don't care.

Cleverly also knows he won't be here at the end of the season, so it feels like no matter how hard Lambert tries at the moment there is a poison which has set in for whatever reasons. 

The only way to turn a corner is top cut out that poison but we don't have the players to do that.

We need Vlaar's experience back as captaincy. We need Gabby and Benteke to stay on the bench till they realise the team is bigger than they are. Sanchez deserves another chance and Cleverly also needs benching, maybe even Hutton who has been poor of late defensively also.

• Like 1

Â