Paul Lambert

limpid

Also - why has 40k been chosen as the magic figure? Attendance is down, way down. This is a fact.

It is way down but if you look at our home form over the past 3 seasons I would say the attendance is still good. Not many teams could still bring in that many fans when so poor week in week out year after year!

I'm not in favour of mass boycotting. Staying away this season hasn't made me feel any better about the current situation in reality. I still catch the games via internet, still get pissed off, spend my weekend and most of the week cursing.

The bottom line is if people(including myself) want a change then rather than bitching and doing nothing everybody needs to get their ass down the ground and be vocal. Let Lambert, Lerner,the players, the media and everyone else listening that fans have had enough. It happened all the time under Ellis and in fairness we had some good times as well as bad, one thing though during ellis's time, fans were nowhere near as passive then as the currently. I'm not down with the whole don't upset the players nonsense, their not babies and many of them don't give a shit anyway as they know if we go down it won't hinder their careers - they'll just move on.

The situation is, it's no good crying at the end of the season when it's too late to rectify the wrongs that have been made. I'm not saying spend all game chanting for Lambert out but if we are well out of the Chelsea game with 10 mins left Lambert and the players should get a full broadside from the whole of the ground. As supporters and people that truly love the club(not just because we get a wage) it is your duty to show that this shit won't be accepted.

It is time for those that want Lambert out to stand up instead of the continual passiveness which is also crippling our club.

• Like 1

Not much we can do as fans.. we just need to keep supporting the lads. Its tough as they are the ones being mocked and ridiculed. The players are down on confidence and probably lacking any belief in the manager. Yes they get paid really well and it helps to deal with it getting paid 30-40k a week.. but mentally they must be doing it tough. Getting paid highly and not delivering is stressful in any environment.

Randy will not sack him as they have a good relationship and its too costly. It is in my opinion too late now to sack him and bring in anyone half decent.. so we have to hope that Lambert can steer us clear yet again.. he has a good record of it.. so lets hope he finds something. We have lost 8-0 and 4-0 in successive games.. so it has been worse.

Despite Okore and Clark playing well.. i think it will make a big difference if we can get Vlaar and Senderos back as they looked unreal together at the start (coincidentally we won 3 out of 4) 

We have a decent squad.. i just cannot believe we are still playing so poorly and lacking goals.. we had an inferior squad last year that managed to score goals. I really hope we bring in Hoddle or Rene or someone with a bit of character to come in and help Paul as his assistant. We may need a few new coaches as well.. this is the only way i can see us staying up.

Edited by KSV

I think a mass boycott of homes games could make Lerner act. It's still a business at the end of the day.

It probably would.

But that doesn't mean that the fans that turn up and watch the team when we are shite, support the team against Blackpool in the cup when we are dreadful, continue to get behind the team even though we play terrible football, are somehow the bad guys.

It's **** stupid.

If other teams' attendances were dwindling in our position we'd be taking the piss out of them and taking pride in our attendances being high(ish) when we're playing so crap.

But people actually insinuate that those fans who aren't booing or boycotting games are part of the problem? It's insulting.

• Like 2

But people actually insinuate that those fans who aren't booing or boycotting games are part of the problem? It's insulting.

You couldn't be more right.

I am not sure if I can put this across right but to a lot of people it is also more than just about watching the game. It is a social event. It is something that they have done with family or friends for years.

Speaking about my own situation I am in my 27th year on the spin as a season ticket holder. First it was something I did with my dad and brother but my dad passed away in 2002. Since 2004 when my eldest daughter was 6 I got her a season ticket and she is now in her 11th season. It is more than just about what is served up on the pitch for me. If it wasn't for going to the Villa as sad as it sounds I wouldn't see my brother from one week to the next. For me and my daughter now it is something I hold dear that it is our guaranteed bit of time together. It is our thing if you like and I genuinely cherish that.

I can’t say I have enjoyed what has been served up on the pitch for the last 4 or so years. What right minded supporter has. That’s not enough to stop me going though. I love this club. That feeling of seeing us win at Villa Park wipes away all the previous cr*p that has been served up in an instant. At least for a while until reality sets back in anyway J

It is just not realistic to ask supporters to boycott games. It is also not fair either as what some fans have invested in this club goes way beyond what is being served up on the pitch.

What a very good post that is.

I think a mass boycott of homes games could make Lerner act. It's still a business at the end of the day.

It probably would.

But that doesn't mean that the fans that turn up and watch the team when we are shite, support the team against Blackpool in the cup when we are dreadful, continue to get behind the team even though we play terrible football, are somehow the bad guys.

It's **** stupid.

If other teams' attendances were dwindling in our position we'd be taking the piss out of them and taking pride in our attendances being high(ish) when we're playing so crap.

Oh absolutely. I totally disagree with anybody that suggest fans that are still going to games are in the wrong. That's ridiculous. Fans that are still attending can be admired for there strong support for Aston Villa regardless of their opinions of Lerner and Lambert. I personally think they are stronger supporters than me as I have no intention what's so ever to go and watch the dross served up every home game.

Regarding the boycott suggestion I was just saying it could make Lerner act. I don't expect it to happen but it would be a massive statement of the fans disapproval of current goings on.

• Like 1

Yeah and I don't necessarily disagree with a boycott in the right circumstances.

But it's really annoyed me that some people have suggested that there's something wrong with the people who go to the games and support the team.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm quite surprised by that too but I guess it's an indication of how frustrated the fans are. Fans are what make the football club and there is so many of us worldwide. Yet there feels like there is nothing we can do to make Lerner act. It's a remarkable situation. I don't think I've ever seen a manager stay in a job so long when the record is this bad. If we were a former lower league team that has escaped relegation for the past 2 seasons then I'd understand why we have stuck with Lambert. But we are Aston Villa FFS! It's bonkers.

Any protests right now would do more bad than good and ultimately be detrimental to the main cause, which is staying in the league.

You can't know that for sure. If it forces Lerner's hand then it may save our season.

But the negativity it will create and the confidence that it could drain out of the players could have the opposite affect. 

Any protests right now would do more bad than good and ultimately be detrimental to the main cause, which is staying in the league.

You can't know that for sure. If it forces Lerner's hand then it may save our season.

But the negativity it will create and the confidence that it could drain out of the players could have the opposite affect.

I'm not sure any more confidence can be drained to be honest. But I see what you mean. I'd prefer an empty stadium than a negative one.

Â