Paul Lambert

limpid

I doubt Pardew would have come to work here as I think in his heart he always wanted to go to Palace and be closer to home, I think Pulis and Moyes would have both come here. I think Moyes would have wanted to show he was still a good PL manager and I also believe Pulis would have also accepted the job too.

I agree with Pardew and Pulis, Not with Moyes though. I agree he would want to show he was still a good PL manager but with the current state of the club I think we would be too much of a risk for his career personally. Pulis is just, well, He is Pulis.  ;)

I doubt Pardew would have come to work here as I think in his heart he always wanted to go to Palace and be closer to home, I think Pulis and Moyes would have both come here. I think Moyes would have wanted to show he was still a good PL manager and I also believe Pulis would have also accepted the job too.

I agree with Pardew and Pulis, Not with Moyes though. I agree he would want to show he was still a good PL manager but with the current state of the club I think we would be too much of a risk for his career personally. Pulis is just, well, He is Pulis.  ;)

Yeah, you know what your getting with Pulis. He knows how to get results and he would certainly give one or two a kick up the arse which is probably whats needed. Some of the stuff Palace played at the back end of last season was actually pretty decent, certainly far better than the utter drivel Lambert has served up in the last 18 months anyway

Why are people getting so angry that a couple of people are still defending Lambert?

What difference does it make?

Because they don't get to say "I told you so" until those people admit they were wrong. Until then, they don't score any points.
Like is really not enough for this post. Dave I agree entirely with your view

Aye, but as somebody who supports Lambert, you would. You are entitled to your view, just as others are entitled to question it.

I'm not sure people are angry either, well not ALL of them, it would be wrong to suggest that. It is mostly bemusement.

Again the definition of support is up for debate here.

But I don't want Lambert as our manager anymore, and I agree with DDID too.

The people who are anti Lambert are right. His time has passed, probably long ago. But why does it matter if one or two (and that's literally all it is) still want him as manager?

It doesn't bother me one bit that people still choose to support Lambert. It just intrigues me as to why they support him. Sort of in the way that in intrigues me how a woman loves her man and won't leave him, despite the fact he is useless, lazy, shags around and treats her terribly. The odd "I love you babe" keeps them wanting more heartache, for whatever reason.

Surely those that want rid and those who dont have to agree that he needs to show he has learnt that our new possession based style isnt working and hasnt worked. If we persist with it then we are in big big trouble.

To those that think that the manager shouldn't be sacked, and that it would be a risk to do so, what do they think may be the detrimental effect, in terms of what matters - results, if he were to be sacked?

I think we would not have the same upturn in results that we'll get with the same man in charge. I think as it is we have more chance of getting some results to climb away from danger, whereas another manager who doesn't know the players and their strengths and weaknesses would just keep losing.

Cheers for answering mate and giving your reasons. Fair play to you as well as it is quite a leap of faith to think a manager that has overseen 2 wins in our last 19 league games, see us take 12 points from a possible 57, not win in our last 8 games and score 7 goals in almost 30 hours of league football as the better option to improve results over bringing in a new manager.

I genuinely envy those that still think Lambert should not be sacked and that he offers the best realistic option to see an improvement in results. I wish I still had anything like that belief in our manager. It would certainly make supporting us and attending the games a bit more relaxing and way more enjoyable if I still believed we had the right man in charge.

Even though the number that do think he is still the right man are dwindling for as long as he remains the manager I long for the day they can deliver me a nice slice of humble pie. No matter if fans want him sacked or not what we all want is for the team to have a sustained upturn in results and to at least get up to the realistic position of mid table mediocrity.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

I would take Garde or Howe as new managers.  I think Howe could be a special manager if backed well.

was said about lambert before he joined

Similar was said about Brian Little too. Sometimes they work and sometimes they dont, does because the last one doesnt. doesnt mean that the next one wont either.

Or that they need their head examined, or that they are undermining those "enlightened" fans and even damaging the club further by not booing, or protesting, or dare I say this filthy word - "supporting" the team, including its manager.

And there have been plenty of posts saying that people who want Lambert out are of "limited intelligence" (a direct quote), don't understand the game as well as people who want Lambert in, are narrow minded or haven't thought things through properly, so it cuts both ways. Passions are running high because we all care about the club.

Speaking personally, the reason I persist with questions for those who want to give Lambert more time is that I don't understand them and I want to. I want to see the positivity that they see; I want to know why they're more worried about replacing Lambert than keeping him. It's not about "winning" the internet, it's about trying to have an impassioned and open discussion on a subject we all care about so we can understand why we care about it so differently.

I agree. I'm not taking sides. Nothing wrong with healthy, lively debate. I argued the same the other way when the tide was out and I was a Lambert "supporter".

Time for another poll?  Be interesting to see how many still want him in.

Yes please. I have been calling for this for a few days.

Think a new poll could do with a few more options to fully reflect the breadth of opinion. 

Out unconditionally.

Stay until the end of the season and then leave.

Stay if backed by Lerner.

Stay unconditionally.

Anymore common opinions?

(Waiting for the "Out because he is a clown" comments)

Edited by sexbelowsound

I think everyone who, like me has had enough of lambert should not attend Saturdays game, simple.

Yes I know people have paid already etc etc but how else can you make it known to Lerner that we want the prick out now.

Good idea but it won't work because it needs to be a combined effort with all fans groups/forums etc. and we saw only recently that not many people give a toss about protests they just want to go to VP and then moan about it afterwards.

I like how you're trying to make out that the fans who go to the game and support the team no matter what are the bad ones :crylaugh:

No, just not up for doing anything about the situation. If you want to label them as bad because of it then fill your boots.

I think everyone who, like me has had enough of lambert should not attend Saturdays game, simple.

Yes I know people have paid already etc etc but how else can you make it known to Lerner that we want the prick out now.

Good idea but it won't work because it needs to be a combined effort with all fans groups/forums etc. and we saw only recently that not many people give a toss about protests they just want to go to VP and then moan about it afterwards.

I like how you're trying to make out that the fans who go to the game and support the team no matter what are the bad ones :crylaugh:

No, just not up for doing anything about the situation. If you want to label them as bad because of it then fill your boots.

Of course I don't want to do that. You made the insinuation, not me.

I both support Paul Lambert in his endeavours, I like him as a person and I want him to succeed for our benefit, but I also don't think he's up to that and think he should he released.

Twilight Zone shit right there.

I'm the same.

My ideal solution would be for Paul Lambert to turn us around and drag us up the table.

I just don't think it will happen.

• Like 2

Of course I don't want to do that. You made the insinuation, not me.

You are seeing things that are not there. Get to the doctors.

Â