Paul Lambert

limpid

Against Crystal Palace: A total of 14 shots (3 on target).

Against Sunderland: A total of 14 shots (2 on target).

Against Swansea: A total of 11 shots (3 on target)

Against Man Utd: A total of 10 shots (4 on target)

Against West Brom: A total of 7 shots (2 on target)

So the idea that we aren't creating anything is not strictly true. Our finishing is simply not good enough.

• Like 2

Gets booed and then deflects it on to the players . I , for one , see right through you Mr Lambert .

You think booing and jeering the manager doesn't have a negative effect on the players?

Your post is a bit ironic also as it seems you can't see through Learners deflection tactic that has basically hung Lambert out to dry on many occasions.

Edited by Bunnski
  • Like 2

Jesus Christ is that 7/10 outfield defenders I count in McLeish's final game?

And Given!!!

Yes. Yes it is.

And do you remember the stick he got for that? Or has that conveniently slipped your mind?

No it hasn't but I think the comparison between how Lambert plays and how McLeish played laughable to be honest especially when you try and claim Bacuna as a defensive player.

Can't agree with the bold Trent. For the majority of the last 2.5 years under Lambert we have virtually mirrored Mcleish. Not in formation and players obviously but the style hasn't been that different. Both have adopted a style that has been more to stop the opposition rather than take the game to them. Under both the villa have been a defensive counter attacking team with very few ideas in attack.

Without looking a the stats(forgive me) I would give a confident guess that since Bacuna joined us he has for the most part played as a fullback(epecially last season) due to the issues at rightback with Lowton?! Is Bacuna really a defensive player? I think we all know the real answer to that though regardless of where he has played, however you could claim he is or has been mainly used in this role. 

• Like 2

Bacuna is not a naturally defensive player no.

I didn't say he was. I think I suggested he wasn't(IMO) regardless of where he has played. Although it's not completely ridiculous for someone to suggest he is or that he has been used defensively for the majority of his time here. Up to now.

Villa were not counter attacking under McLeish. Under McLeish Villa barely attacked at all. There is no valid comparison between the two sides except to say they're not very good.

@ dont_do_it_doug. Ok, maybe mirrored was the wrong term. But there are certainly simularities with the lack of ideas and movement in attack. More concerned with stopping the opposition rather than taking the game to them. I think it's very valid to suggest there are comparisons especially as you can't really argue that for the majority of Lambert's time here we haven't attacked very much either.

@ DK82. I also said not in formation and players. I never suggested for one minute Mcleish and Lambert were comparable in transfers.

Question: Do you think this new tactic will work well against the top 10 sides or so who may actually set out to attack us... keeping the ball may frustrate them and we can then exploit the space? so far we'v eonly played it against weaker opposition...

that said the top  teams are there for a reason...

I think we need to move the ball quickly from defense to attack and then play short passes between the attacking players rather than short passes through the team...

Given the team's confidence problems, I think a high-pressing team like Chelsea will cause us major worries.

Houllier also got £24 million to buy a top player, Lambert wont get that

I wouldn't trust Lambert with the remote to the telly!

I'm sure if you gave him the chance he would pick a cracking movie for you too watch.

Just not 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes'.  ;)

We definitely don't create enough clear chances, it's all well and good quoting 14 shots per match etc but how many of those 14 came even close to being a goal?

We don't get in behind defences and it's rare a player goes through one on one.

I welcome the change in style and the additional possession and can accept that it will take time for the players to learn how to be more creative but if we don't make it work over the next couple of months we could end up in a battle again at which point I think I'd rather take our chances with the previous option of hit n hope counter attack football

Â