Paul Lambert

limpid

we now need to start targeting players who are comfortable with the ball.... we might start to move forward then, in terms of progression.

The defenders may have improved, but we need the team to improve defensively too, by keeping the ball at crucial times....I don't mean playing keep ball, but shielding and moving with the ball until a better option is available, that requires skills many of our players haven't got ....we must find some.

a schemer is essential too, there again someone who is at peace with the ball, and can thread a pass....not a hot potato, that is hoofed.

• Like 2

The most encouraging thing for me on Saturday was the substitutions. Normally I'd expect Lambert to shut up shop but he actually went for it and we should have nicked it at the end. Hopefully Lambert will keep this up from now on. If we can add a couple of quality players I think we will be in very healthy postion to crack on in the 2nd half of the season. If we show some progress you never know it may be enough to convince Delph and Vlaar to stay.

• Like 1

we now need to start targeting players who are comfortable with the ball.... we might start to move forward then, in terms of progression.

The defenders may have improved, but we need the team to improve defensively too, by keeping the ball at crucial times....I don't mean playing keep ball, but shielding and moving with the ball until a better option is available, that requires skills many of our players haven't got ....we must find some.

a schemer is essential too, there again someone who is at peace with the ball, and can thread a pass....not a hot potato, that is hoofed.

I think the "schemer" you refer to is slowly becoming Sanchez' role

• Like 1

He still needs to deliver much better quality football at Villa Park.

Also he needs to understand how essential Gabby is to the forward line. If he's thinking Holt has come in to replace Gabby we could be in bad trouble. We lost the chance to win the match yesterday when Gabs went off IMHO.

I still don't think Benteke aside there is enough football intelligence/ball control up front to trouble modern day defences.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

I think the "schemer" you refer to is slowly becoming Sanchez' role

I see Sanchez as a DM as opposed to a schemer

The most encouraging thing for me on Saturday was the substitutions. Normally I'd expect Lambert to shut up shop but he actually went for it and we should have nicked it at the end. Hopefully Lambert will keep this up from now on. If we can add a couple of quality players I think we will be in very healthy postion to crack on in the 2nd half of the season. If we show some progress you never know it may be enough to convince Delph and Vlaar to stay.

And to convince us doubters that Lambert can take us forward.

No body wants Lambert to succeed more than me, I have had my doubts and still have but the "proof of the pudding is in the eating" He hasn't had the financial support that some of his predessors have....but we will wait and see.

I do honestly believe every fans wants him to make it.

However,there have been many indicators that would test the support of any discerning fan, but key players coming back may show in his favour and move opinions. I would like to think at long last we can display some intent of us building something and not keep going one step forward 2 steps back.

Like us fans, some of the players who have ambition will want to see better players joining us, that may keep there interest at B6.

Paul Lambert clearly has some redeeming factors, like his loyalty and resilience in dark times....Lets hope he has the nous & financial support from the owner, to relieve some of that pressure from all of us and deliver us to a respectable place.

Nice that after 2 and a half years we're passing the ball but we're one game away from the halfway mark and I've not seen the improvements I'd hoped for.

20 points from 18 games and lowest goal scorers in the whole of English football does not seem like improvement.

We probably deserved a point in the end but ultimately we rely on magic from one man to get us consistent goals. That's just not a sustainable approach. The next few fixtures look decent for us but until we start creating and scoring more we will still be in trouble IMO.

• Like 1

Starting tactics were wrong, but can't criticise because they worked against United.

Spotted it and changed it and we were very unlucky not to AT LEAST get a point.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Nice that after 2 and a half years we're passing the ball but we're one game away from the halfway mark and I've not seen the improvements I'd hoped for.

20 points from 18 games and lowest goal scorers in the whole of English football does not seem like improvement.

We probably deserved a point in the end but ultimately we rely on magic from one man to get us consistent goals. That's just not a sustainable approach. The next few fixtures look decent for us but until we start creating and scoring more we will still be in trouble IMO.

Don't worry mate. I am sure Lambert will come good one day.

Merry Christmas. Not even Lambert can depress me at the moment.

Wrong starting formation. Made the correct changes in the second half. That is a game we should have won.

Need more creativity in this window. Over to you Randolph.

I think its a bit of a cop out to lay lack of creativity at the owner.

We're 2 and a half years into Lambert's reign, we should be better than we are in this respect and not have to rely on money to make it better.

• Like 1

Wrong starting formation. Made the correct changes in the second half. That is a game we should have won.

We're 2 and a half years into Lambert's reign, we should be better than we are in this respect and not have to rely on money to make it better.

Here here, blame Lerner for Lambert's inadequacies.

Think away. Its not a cop out at all. What I meant was we need to sign someone now and Randolph is in charge of the amount we have to spend.

Also, you don't need to keep telling me how long Lambert has been here. I'm well aware of that.

Was sbs blaming Lerner?

I saw in his post that he is asking Lerner to open his chequebook this January. 

Strange series of posts.

• Like 1

Was sbs blaming Lerner?

I saw in his post that he is asking Lerner to open his chequebook this January. 

Strange series of posts.

Asking Lerner to open his cheque book suggests that we need players that Lambert has failed to buy in 2 and a half years.

In addition, our lack of goals means that we will be in a relegation battle. The amount scored is pathetic.

Â