Paul Lambert

limpid

For fans who dont rate Lambert we are told that not many were complaining about him after the first four games but now we are told that after ending an horrendous run without a win that some of us have made our mind up about him and wont change.

To get me on side:

Finish 10th-12th

A good cup run (not knocked out to Accrington Stanley, 4-0 at home)

A playing style to take shape.

• Like 2

Thing is, this has been going on for 3 years. It's not a sudden drop in form or a bad patch. I am not surprised so many people have made up their minds on Lambert.

I backed him from the start. I only turned on him, what, two months ago?

I think I have been fair. We now have a squad which is good enough for mid table, and should be playing better football - to stop us being under the cosh.

Three years is more than enough time to develop a style.

• Like 1

What we're seeing is how it will always be I'm afraid, because of the limitations he has in bringing players in, and the limitations he has as a football manager. 

Sounds clever; is bollocks.

We have no way of knowing what his limitations are as a football manager until he gets the chance to spend proper money. What we do know is that he has improved the defence dramatically; reinforced the midfield on a shoestring, and bought two excellent strikers who have only been available for about one game in two.

• Like 1

What we're seeing is how it will always be I'm afraid, because of the limitations he has in bringing players in, and the limitations he has as a football manager. 

Sounds clever; is bollocks.

We have no way of knowing what his limitations are as a football manager until he gets the chance to spend proper money. What we do know is that he has improved the defence dramatically; reinforced the midfield on a shoestring, and bought two excellent strikers who have only been available for about one game in two.

Improved the defence dramatically? How do you work that one out? If you're talking purely this season then yeah, whilst we're defending better, going forward we're absolutely useless (which is probably due to the fact that we sit so deep now to defend better, so we can't go forward effectively at all). 

We will see in the next few games whether having Benteke back will make any difference to how we're going to set up, but going by yesterday, I think it's unlikely. I will be amazed if we score over 25 goals this season. 

Thing is, this has been going on for 3 years.  It's not a sudden drop in form or a bad patch.  I am not surprised so many people have made up their minds on Lambert. 

He completely lost my support with the last few games end of last season. Can he turn it around? IMO it's not something I would expect to worry about. I just feel he is not capable of it.

I am happy about the win last night and really hope  we can even back that up with a win against Leicester. I really hope we can go 2 or even 3 goals up in a game and not have an hour of worrying every game! Does it change my overall view on Lambert! No!

In many ways I don't understand him or the things he says. For example he seems to 'get' what a big club we are and what's expected of him and what's acceptable result wise but he seems to think what he is giving us is satisfactory?

Obviously he is very close to Lerner which I feel will be his ultimate downfall. Lerner and Lambert will be thought of together for all time( Lerbert or Lamner or Paundy)!

For fans who dont rate Lambert we are told that not many were complaining about him after the first four games but now we are told that after ending an horrendous run without a win that some of us have made our mind up about him and wont change.

To get me on side:

Finish 10th-12th

The one thing I don't care at all about is Cup runs. Seriously I don't care about them at all. Don't even watch Cup games. Pointless to me until we've stability in the league and upward progress.

I hope we get knocked out of the FA Cup early.

To get me on side:

Finish 10th-12th

The one thing I don't care at all about is Cup runs. Seriously I don't care about them at all. Don't even watch Cup games. Pointless to me until we've stability in the league and upward progress.

I hope we get knocked out of the FA Cup early.

Always loved the FA cup. Fed up of early exits. Let's face it, going out early hasn't exactly helped us.

Thing is, this has been going on for 3 years. It's not a sudden drop in form or a bad patch. I am not surprised so many people have made up their minds on Lambert.

Thing is people can't accept Lambert was a victim of the constraints placed upon the clubs wage restrictions and lack of investment in playing staff in his first two seasons.

They just seem to blame the two seasons solely on Lambert and it's all down to his failings as a manager. When really this is the only season he's been able to assemble a proper squad of experienced footballers. So it is this season to judge him fairly.

But over and over people drag up the previous two seasons. That is in the past. Get over it and look forward not back. If we do well this season give credit to Lambert

Compare the defending in his first season to now, it's worlds apart. Galaxies even. Before if Vlaar got injured, we'd be screwed. But now we have our 4th and 5th choice CB's putting in colossal performances and keeping clean sheets. Not to mention we don't concede as much from set pieces any more.

Thing is people can't accept Lambert was a victim of the constraints placed upon the clubs wage restrictions and lack of investment in playing staff in his first two seasons.

They just seem to blame the two seasons solely on Lambert and it's all down to his failings as a manager. When really this is the only season he's been able to assemble a proper squad of experienced footballers. So it is this season to judge him fairly.

But over and over people drag up the previous two seasons. That is in the past. Get over it and look forward not back. If we do well this season give credit to Lambert

I don't think you can just write off a managers history because it's in the past. A manager needs to set a baseline and improve upon it. That is Lamberts job, and ultimately, league position will define it. If we finish 15th again, we need to look at his history as Villa manager and realise that there is no progression.

However, if we finish better than 15th it shows there is progression and he will get credit for it.

Improved the defence dramatically? How do you work that one out? If you're talking purely this season then yeah.

We would have had Okore last season as well, but for injury.

We will see in the next few games whether having Benteke back will make any difference to how we're going to set up, but going by yesterday, I think it's unlikely. I will be amazed if we score over 25 goals this season.

I think you, me, every single other Villa fan, and Paul Lambert, would like to see us sign a good attacking midfielder in January who would make the difference. Whether we do or not depends on the budget.

Thing is, this has been going on for 3 years.  It's not a sudden drop in form or a bad patch.  I am not surprised so many people have made up their minds on Lambert. 

He completely lost my support with the last few games end of last season. Can he turn it around? IMO it's not something I would expect to worry about. I just feel he is not capable of it.

I am happy about the win last night and really hope  we can even back that up with a win against Leicester. I really hope we can go 2 or even 3 goals up in a game and not have an hour of worrying every game! Does it change my overall view on Lambert! No!

In many ways I don't understand him or the things he says. For example he seems to 'get' what a big club we are and what's expected of him and what's acceptable result wise but he seems to think what he is giving us is satisfactory?

Obviously he is very close to Lerner which I feel will be his ultimate downfall. Lerner and Lambert will be thought of together for all time( Lerbert or Lamner or Paundy)!

I think what he's giving us result-wise is pretty satisfactory right now - do you not?  It's more the manner in which we're playing that's the problem for me. 

Personally I have taken the constraints he has worked under and that's exactly why he has not had stick from me until this season as the problems from 2 years ago are still evident now. Even forgetting the last 2 seasons as you suggest we keep dragging them up I am still not happy with the management of the team and the style of play on the pitch and I think there are issues which are being ignored. The team is as strong as it's been for a while now and a win at Palace does not  make me forget what has happened this season. Whether you look at this season in isolation or the whole of Lamberts tenure for me there are the same issues and concerns occurring, that is why I think Lambert is not the man who has the talent to take us forward!

I don't think you can dismiss the last couple of years. Surely those who rate him do so partly on what he did at Norwich. I was excited we got him based on what he did previously and now I don't see much of a future based on what I've seen previously

• Like 2

I am happy about the win last night and really hope we can even back that up with a win against Leicester. I really hope we can go 2 or even 3 goals up in a game and not have an hour of worrying every game! Does it change my overall view on Lambert! No!

I think what he's giving us result-wise is pretty satisfactory right now - do you not? It's more the manner in which we're playing that's the problem for me.

I think it's on the brink of satisfactory. We don't win Sunday and I'd say no it's not.

I am happy about the win last night and really hope we can even back that up with a win against Leicester. I really hope we can go 2 or even 3 goals up in a game and not have an hour of worrying every game! Does it change my overall view on Lambert! No!

I think what he's giving us result-wise is pretty satisfactory right now - do you not? It's more the manner in which we're playing that's the problem for me.

I think it's on the brink of satisfactory. We don't win Sunday and I'd say no it's not.

Exactly we need to get the points on the board now because I feel we are only one game away from another long winless run?

So what would have been satisfactory from a result point of view so far this season?

Â