Paul Lambert

limpid

You can't feed 5,000 people with three loaves and two fishes, no matter what anyone tells you.

Dodgy stats alert!

I think you will find the correct number of loaves is five.

Or maybe Lambert put two of them in the "bomb squad".  :)

2 of the loaves got a right slicing and became long term injuries resulting in a lack of food for the 5000 who had to endure starvation for many months whilst being told how lucky they were considering the great God of food was withholding supplies.

Those who want him out before the end of this season are wasting their energy.  They may be wasting their energy if they want him out before the end of his contract as well

I don't believe this! If the fans want him out it will show at the games and like McLiesh finally got forced out, so will Lambert. Remember if the fans turn, his position will become untenable and Lerner will have no choice than to give him the boot.

Those who want him out before the end of this season are wasting their energy. They may be wasting their energy if they want him out before the end of his contract as well

I don't believe this! If the fans want him out it will show at the games and like McLiesh finally got forced out, so will Lambert. Remember if the fans turn, his position will become untenable and Lerner will have no choice than to give him the boot.
What do you mean "if the fans want him out", the majority now want him gone. The away fans turned on him Saturday, another poor performance against Crystal Palace will see the Holte shouting "We Want Lambert Out". Edited by R1chuk

I'm gonna say something probably unpopular, but if we can get to about 20 points after the Sunderland game, I think it's a decent basis to push our season on. I say this because we've had our 3 best players missing for most of the season.

Right I'm off to hide.

• Like 1

I think by the time christmas comes and action is finally taken it will be a case of too little too late

Spot on im hoping lambert is gone after leicester game at best a draw against palace and as leicester firm so shite good old aston villa will sort that.

Those who want him out before the end of this season are wasting their energy. They may be wasting their energy if they want him out before the end of his contract as well

What do you mean "if the fans want him out", the majority now want him gone. The away fans turned on him Saturday, another poor performance against Crystal Palace will see the Holte shouting "We Want Lambert Out".

He will be safe whatever happens at Palace as we can't possibly expect to beat such a great team (they beat Liverpool 3-1 you know!).

However, if we fail to beat Leicester (a team who are on an awful run of form and are propping up the table) then I would fully expect Lambert to get severe grief from the fans on Sunday.

He will be safe whatever happens at Palace as we can't possibly expect to beat such a great team (they beat Liverpool 3-1 you know!).

However, if we fail to beat Leicester (a team who are on an awful run of form and are propping up the table) then I would fully expect Lambert to get severe grief from the fans on Sunday.

Disagree - Leicester are a promoted side and it's always difficult to play promoted teams.

We should lower expectations when playing : 

- top 6 teams; 

- teams currently in a good form;

- teams that have spent more than Villa; 

- newly promoted teams;

Other than these we'll be OK. 

• Like 3

Disagree - Leicester are a promoted side and it's always difficult to play promoted teams.

- top 6 teams; 

- newly promoted teams;

Oh yea, I forgot. Thanks for putting me right.

- top 6 teams;

- newly promoted teams;

Sad, but that is what we are told.

- top 6 teams; 

- newly promoted teams;

What;s wrong with saying those games are harder?

I'd have said the same thing when we were finishing 6th every season.

It's the same for Chelsea. Games against top 6 teams, or teams in good form, or teams that have spent more than them (not many) or newly promoted teams are harder for Chelsea.

Or are you saying every single game is exactly the same difficulty regardless of the opponent or the circumstances?

Why is pointing that out "making excuses"?

As opposed to just putting context around a defeat?

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Has he gone yet ?

No he's still here unfortunately posting the same inane question every time.

He's stopped calling an employee of a the club a word removed. So that's a start.

Honestly haven't seen anyone say NO manager could do a better job. Thats just stupid.

Arguably hard to manage a club that spends literally no money in a league that thrives on it too.

Apart from the 11 clubs in the league who our net spend has been higher than since Lambert became our manager.

Still going with the net spend?

Yes, still with going with the sensible way to analyse transfer activity. After all managers don't just buy players they sell them too!

Sensible when the team has been stripped to its bare bones prior to the arrival of the current manager. Any additional sales would only have meant an even smaller playing squad with even less quality to choose from. Like people have said, plenty of sticks to beat Lambert with, this isn't one of them.

If we had Mourhino or Ferguson we'd have a bit of an honeymoon period but in the long run we wouldn't be much better than we are now, midtable at best. Likewise if you were to put Lambert in charge of Chelsea he'd be challenging for the title with them.

Â