Paul Lambert

limpid

5th choice centre back plays due to injury and gives away one of the stupidest penos you'll see and threw the game away for us all on his own.  Quick get those brains working as to how Lambert can be blamed for that, I'm sure there is some pathetic spin that will be put on it to find a way of blaming the manger....

I completely agree and i'm gutted myself that we didn't win. I'm trying to see the positives though. The first half we played very well but its unacceptable that we can't see out games. I do think a lot of it is to with the lack of confidence we have. 

Really frustrating performance.

Let the over reactions commence.....

I'm not going to bother posting all the unwanted record's Lambert's Villa has broken, every bit of criticism he gets is (IMO) warranted.

A team truly made in his image. No fight at all. His insistence on sitting deep and hoofing clear late in games doesn't work, anyone knows that, yet it's what he sticks with. It invites more pressure, more chances and ultimately you will concede more. What's wrong with playing football for 90 minutes?

Dreadful manager.

Birmingham again showing why we're wrong to accept this.

I don't see what that's got to do with Villa? As has already been said, there are plenty of other examples of teams that have got rid of managers and carried on performing poorly.

• Like 1

5th choice centre back plays due to injury and gives away one of the stupidest penos you'll see and threw the game away for us all on his own. Quick get those brains working as to how Lambert can be blamed for that, I'm sure there is some pathetic spin that will be put on it to find a way of blaming the manger....

Haha that's an awful post.

I completely agree and i'm gutted myself that we didn't win. I'm trying to see the positives though. The first half we played very well but its unacceptable that we can't see out games. I do think a lot of it is to with the lack of confidence we have. 

We played well until they scored the equaliser.

• Like 1

Blaming Lambert for a penalty? That makes no sense.

After Ings scored, the momentum switched and the team started playing more defensively to compensate. Prior to the penalty, we were not bunkering in the slightest. We actually looked the team more likely to score. 

• Like 3

It's all good picking out individual bits of games and saying "Lambert told him to make a stupid foul" etc but that's just being too shortsighted. Look at the run we're on ffs.

Exactly this.

Any team can pick moments from a game that could have made a difference.

It's such a pointless way to view games.

We played well until they scored the equaliser.

I wouldn't say we played well in from the second half up until the equaliser but Lambert's subs had counteracted theirs well and I think we looked ok.

Blaming Lambert for a penalty? That makes no sense.

After Ings scored, the momentum switched and the team started playing more defensively to compensate. Prior to the penalty, we were not bunkering in the slightest. We actually looked the team more likely to score. 

Don't let facts get in the way of a good old witchunt/cry-baby fest. 

5th choice centre back plays due to injury and gives away one of the stupidest penos you'll see and threw the game away for us all on his own.  Quick get those brains working as to how Lambert can be blamed for that, I'm sure there is some pathetic spin that will be put on it to find a way of blaming the manger....

If the manager is not culpable for what happens on a football pitch why does any manager ever get the sack? Infact, what's the point in having a manager?

Â