Paul Lambert

limpid

You seem to want to only judge him when everything is going his way and is perfect. That's not football and that's not life. I'm sure a lot of managers look better when you only judge games where everything was set up right for them.

Again this is nonsense, I said Benteke. Specifically that player. Not everything in his favour. I'm talking about by far and away our best and most important player. At our level our equivalent to Suarez or Ronaldo.

OK and like said you had a full first season and 24 games last season to judge us on. What's 6 more this year going to change?

I have already explained last season points per game with and without him. It would have resulted in us being 11th had he played 38 games based on the points per game ratio.

Why this season, because this summer is the first time Lambert has had the freedom to sign experience and offer competitive wages. This is the first time I think he's got his team without the wage bill constraints he was under last summer. I believe he can be fairly judged this season.

The key word is season. Not horrible run of fixtures in first 12 games without Benteke. I mean the full season of fixtures. Once half way through at the end of the year we can begin to give a fair reflection on the season so far.

Unfortunately football is played on grass not paper and while the figures may point to us doing better when Benteke returns its reliant on two things. Firstly that Benteke will actually give a feck and won't be looking for an out in January. Secondly that Lambert is going to change the way we play and actually try and create chances for Benteke to put the ball in the back of the net.

I have major doubts about both of those happening.

• Like 1

If the main defence for Lambert is a lack of transfer funds,why keep Lambert when any muppet can build a team with a small fortune to spend,he was brought in to do a job on a limited budget,hes tried ,hes failed.

What job was he brought in to do that he's failed on then, eh?

If the main defence for Lambert is a lack of transfer funds,why keep Lambert when any muppet can build a team with a small fortune to spend,he was brought in to do a job on a limited budget,hes tried ,hes failed.

he was brought in to keep us up on a limited budget with jam tomorrow.  he has succeeded but there's no jam

• Like 2

You seem to want to only judge him when everything is going his way and is perfect. That's not football and that's not life. I'm sure a lot of managers look better when you only judge games where everything was set up right for them.

Again this is nonsense, I said Benteke. Specifically that player. Not everything in his favour. I'm talking about by far and away our best and most important player. At our level our equivalent to Suarez or Ronaldo.

OK and like said you had a full first season and 24 games last season to judge us on. What's 6 more this year going to change?

I have already explained last season points per game with and without him. It would have resulted in us being 11th had he played 38 games based on the points per game ratio.

Why this season, because this summer is the first time Lambert has had the freedom to sign experience and offer competitive wages. This is the first time I think he's got his team without the wage bill constraints he was under last summer. I believe he can be fairly judged this season.

The key word is season. Not horrible run of fixtures in first 12 games without Benteke. I mean the full season of fixtures. Once half way through at the end of the year we can begin to give a fair reflection on the season so far.

Unfortunately football is played on grass not paper and while the figures may point to us doing better when Benteke returns its reliant on two things. Firstly that Benteke will actually give a feck and won't be looking for an out in January. Secondly that Lambert is going to change the way we play and actually try and create chances for Benteke to put the ball in the back of the net.

I have major doubts about both of those happening.

Comon ofcourse he will change the way we play.....................He will revert to the hoof ball we all know an love!!

Its funny, he is struggling with the budget but has not yet come to the conclusion like his limited supporters on here that he is gonna do feck all without money. So with this in mind he should leave on his own accord with the little dignity of keeping us up he has left! An surely if he is as good a manager as some fans are reporting, he will walk into another job, maybe Liverpool are monitoring his tactical ability, cause ya know, he could be a world beater if he had the budget.

What job was he brought in to do that he's failed on then, eh?

He was brought in to manage the budget yes, but in his words as said previously "bring attacking entertaining football back to the club". He promised us fans, he has FAILED!

Lambert in/out. I don't care anymore.

Getting to this point myself. Slowly descending into a complete state of apathy. 

I'm already there, until the point I actually go to Villa Park and realise I've paid to watch the worst brand of "football" I've seen from a Villa team.

Then the day after I don't care again. 

It seems that we should be just happy with our lot and not want more.

We all want more but bitching and moaning about it isn't going to make Lerner sell up any quicker is it.

It won't make Lerner sell up no, but if we bitch and moan about lambert down Villa Park it might make Lambert feck off, like we did to McLeish. Do not under estimate fan power when it comes to the manager!!

We all want more but bitching and moaning about it isn't going to make Lerner sell up any quicker is it.

I wonder if you felt the same about people moaning about McLeish.

I said Lerner, not Lambert. Lerner is the main problem, more so than either McLeish or Lambert.

I said Lerner, not Lambert. Lerner is the main problem, more so than either McLeish or Lambert.

But the point still stands. How did you feel about McLeish and did you feel other fans should not bitch and moan about him?

But the point still stands. How did you feel about McLeish and did you feel other fans should not bitch and moan about him?

How does your point still stand? I'm talking about the owner, You are talking about another manager.

And for what its worth no, I didn't bitch and moan about McLeish. People can do what they like but for me I'd rather try and see some positives in the situation rather than continually banging on about the negatives.

The McLeish comparison is I guess a relevant one. I have to be honest and say I wasn't one of those that had a problem with him coming from Sha. The problem I had was that he came from a club that had just been relegated. However I was though willing to give him a chance and that remained pretty much the case until the last handful of games in 11/12.

McLesih like Lambert had to slash wages. He had to replace Downing, Ash Young, Reo Coker, Freidel, Luke Young and Heskey from a squad that had the previous season finished 9th but had struggled for the vast majority of it. To do this he was given 17 mill, 20 mil less than what the club received that summer. McLeish like Lambert wasn't blessed with the best of luck with injuries losing Petrov, Dunne, Bent and Given for relatively lengthy spells during the season.

Now despite all of the above the fact we battled relegation for most of the 11/12 season and served up, for the most part, dire football pretty much universally wasn't seen as good enough and in my opinion rightly so. We now find ourselves 2 and half years down the line under Lambert. Forty odd mill has been spent and there has been a big turnover in players. The results haven't improved though, the performances have in the main been poor and we now find ourselves putting in the odd admirable defensive display whilst being very negative in terms of attacking intent and creating next to nothing. It is almost identical to what we were serving up under McLeish. As I said it wasn't good enough then and as much as I like Lambert after two and half years it most certainly isn't good enough now.

Can't disagree with any of that.

And I'd imagine there wasn't a single fan at the time of McLeish being sacked, who'd thought to be in the same position 3 years down the line would be acceptable. Yet no it is. The fans fully embraced the young and hungry approach, in fact it got Lambert a lot of plaudits, yet now that level of backing is used as an excuse. A lot of people liked the kind of players he signed in his 2nd summer, happy we were looking abroad, yet now that level of backing is used as an excuse.

I guess I don't understand why some have changed their expectations to just defend the manager.

How does your point still stand? I'm talking about the owner, You are talking about another manager.

And for what its worth no, I didn't bitch and moan about McLeish. People can do what they like but for me I'd rather try and see some positives in the situation rather than continually banging on about the negatives.

Thanks for answering. Surely you can appreciate the difficulty in finding positives when you lose nearly 50% off the time and have the lowest possession stats in the league.

Thanks for answering. Surely you can appreciate the difficulty in finding positives when you lose nearly 50% off the time and have the lowest possession stats in the league.

Jonah, Have you ever seen me say that I don't? Seriously mate you've rolled out the same stats page after page after page, We get it now. You need to accept that some agree with you and some don't.

Edited by sexbelowsound

Â