Paul Lambert

limpid

Fans who say no one could improve us under the restrictions????  Im sure if Koeman was here (ok maybe he never would have even condidered us) we would be playing better football thus games become more winnable.

Koeman's had over 60 million to rebuild southampton.

I wouldn't say we would be where they are top of the league. But we would be playing better and in a better position under his tenure!

Play better football, sure...a better position I don't really think so. If we were luckier with injuries we would be higher, I'm still yet to really judge this team, because we've been nowhere near full strength at any time this season.

3 managers and 5 seasons have put us here, it's not just Lambert.

I just want us to buy some **** wingers and finally get some **** width in the team.

Playing 4-2-2-2 and playing it narrowly gives us nothing.

I think it's the main reason we're so shocking in midfield, get us some width and we'd naturally attack more because we'd force whoever we're playing with to sit deeper.

I'm not saying I'm right, but it works for other teams and forcing Weimann and Gabby to play as wingers, when naturally they'll come inside, is so annoying.

Agree with this, so F***** frustrating!!!!

Westwood can cross a ball, Lowton can cross a ball, even Sissoko can cross a ball, so can all be wingers crossing into Gabby and Weimann who have shown they can score goals this way, but Lambert continues to play through a tight centre if not hoofing it to the front??? Is this not proof Lambert is tactically limited

I know very few fans who do not appreciate the money problems, injuries, and all the rest.

Equally I know of very few who accept this as legitimate reasons for still having no discernible pattern, style, or tactics (other than the mass defense\hoof).

I certainly fully understand and accept the former, yet also have heard nothing which justifies the latter.

Surely after 100 games the team should look and play as if we have a plan better than one my seven year old grandson could have come up with ?

• Like 2

I know very few fans who do not appreciate the money problems, injuries, and all the rest.

Equally I know of very few who accept this as legitimate reasons for still having no discernible pattern, style, or tactics (other than the mass defense\hoof).

I certainly fully understand and accept the former, yet also have heard nothing which justifies the latter.

Surely after 100 games the team should look and play as if we have a plan better than one my seven year old grandson could have come up with ?

I vote your 7 year old grandson as the next Villa manager.

What's a proper chance? Is 100 games not a proper chance?

Yawn. You know exactly what I mean. I swear you post just to rack up your post counter.
I don't know what you mean. If 100 games isn't a proper chance then what is?

You know he means in the post, "cut the wage bill and stable the clubs finances while keeping the club in the Premier League". Which means, give him a proper chance this season now he has signed experienced players on real wages. 

Season is 38 games where you play every team twice, in case you want that explained too. Not 12 games against the majority of the best and inform teams in the league 

Lambert Out!

However, as this does not meet the standards of the Debating Society, I expect to be rubbished. The facts before us are obviously irrelevant. We need to sit writing lengthy tomes to support a Manager who struggles to string a few words together, just like his players with their passing.

Edited by George Curtis

I want to judge him with Benteke in the team for 6+ games

You had his first season when we managed to get as many points as o'learys worst season.

Last season benteke started 24 premier league games.

Why do you need 6 more?

Yes and the points to games ratio for those 24 games was significantly higher than then points to game ratio when he was injured. We were sitting pretty in 10th before he tore his his tendon and then we our slump at the end of last season. The moaning this season has come on the back of defeats while he was also not in the team. When he was back in the team home against Spurs we looked excellent, then he got sent off and it cost us the game. We've got what I would call two good results since then. 

So there is a large well explained reason why I want to see how we play when he returns to the team, not to mention how hungry he will be to make up for his mistake in getting sent off. 

Do you understand my argument? It's a simple yes / no. You have your opinion, I have mine and mine is a very reasonable one supported by both points per game, goals per game evidence

In the 25 appearances benteke made last season (I didn't count the norwich game as he left the game early and had little impact) we got a massive 26 points from them.  

The season before he played in 34 games and we got 42 points from them.

So in total that's 59 appearances and 68 points giving an average of 1.15 points per game.

You've got nearly 60 games of the 100 lambert has been in charge to look at.

Just read your other post.  I'll respond to that instead.

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

What's a proper chance? Is 100 games not a proper chance?

Yawn. You know exactly what I mean. I swear you post just to rack up your post counter.
I don't know what you mean. If 100 games isn't a proper chance then what is?

You know he means in the post, "cut the wage bill and stable the clubs finances while keeping the club in the Premier League". Which means, give him a proper chance this season now he has signed experienced players on real wages. 

Season is 38 games where you play every team twice, in case you want that explained too. Not 12 games against the majority of the best and inform teams in the league 

So we're not using the wage bill as an excuse this season?

I have already explained last season points per game with and without him. It would have resulted in us being 11th had he played 38 games based on the points per game ratio.

We got 26 points from the 25 games he played in (it seems pointless including the norwich game) that would give us around 38 points which is what we ended up with.

Why this season, because this summer is the first time Lambert has had the freedom to sign experience and offer competitive wages. This is the first time I think he's got his team without the wage bill constraints he was under last summer. I believe he can be fairly judged this season.

Well you don't think he can be fairly judged because you keep bringing up injuries.

The key word is season. Not horrible run of fixtures in first 12 games without Benteke. I mean the full season of fixtures. Once half way through at the end of the year we can begin to give a fair reflection on the season so far.

Fair enough, i don't see it happening but maybe there will be some improvement shown.

Edited by DCJonah

I'm getting like that Steffan, not even bothered now.

Can anybody tell me , in how many home games in Lamberts reign, have we had more than 50% possession?

I know its not the be all and end all, but it does, for me , signify how negative, and on the back foot we are.

Another thing last night, when was the last time a team like Soton come to VP and were 4 to 1 ON , to beat us...............unacceptable.

I'm getting like that Steffan, not even bothered now.

Can anybody tell me , in how many home games in Lamberts reign, have we had more than 50% possession?

I know its not the be all and end all, but it does, for me , signify how negative, and on the back foot we are.

Another thing last night, when was the last time a team like Soton come to VP and were 4 to 1 ON , to beat us...............unacceptable.

Well given that we have the lowest possession stats in the league this year and one of the lowest last year, i doubt it could have happened on too many occassions.

It's probably the thing that is starting to put me off going the most.  I'm just so bored of watching other teams keep the ball against us.

Lambert in/out. I don't care anymore.

Getting to this point myself. Slowly descending into a complete state of apathy. 

I think everyone is and the attendance last night reflects it.

I don't blame lambert for this, I think the way lerner has run the club and the fact we didn't get a takeover has made us a very apathetic fan base this season. 

All i keep seeing are the same old excuses

Villa fans are beginning to vote with their feet and i hope it continues so we will finally get rid of him

I said i expect 10 points from the next 5 games so he still needs 9 from the next four and it hasn't changed deliver or do one 

Like people have already said he's a nice bloke but a shit football manager and clearly out of his depth

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 3

We can't progress because of the financial constraints, the likes of Bradford and Sheffield United have.. oh wait.

Doesn't wash me with me sorry. The excuse has worn thin over the years and the football has got worse over the time too.

we also beat Cityx2, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool x2 in his time. Sort of kills the predictable moaning cup excuses doesnt it

Not really, we are in the same division as those teams and beating Liverpool in no way excuses this fool of a manager from the losses to lower league teams.

I see you are forgetting another Chelsea game where we didn't do so well.

• Like 2

Lambert Out!

However, as this does not meet the standards of the Debating Society, I expect to be rubbished. The facts before us are obviously irrelevant. We need to sit writing lengthy tomes to support a Manager who struggles to string a few words together, just like his players with their passing.

I would like to know what Lambert has to do to get sacked, he needs to leave before it's too late. Any manager with a shred of dignity would have fell on his sword ages ago.

Â