Paul Lambert

limpid

Don't worry, it matters not who we lose to or how many times we lose as there will always be someone there to defend Lambert and find some lame excuse as to why it is not his fault.

And you'll always be here to complain when we lose but never to praise when we win, which is also lame.
Check the threads after we beat Stoke and you will find praise from me.

You praised Lambert, or you just found "some lame excuse as to why it is not his" credit that we won?

I don't think you posted in this thread after we beat Stoke.

Would you mind quoting your post if you did?

Sorry, I didn't realise that I could only praise in one particular thread. Perhaps the site guidelines need to be amended to state this.

Sorry, I didn't realise that I could only praise in one particular thread. Perhaps the site guidelines need to be amended to state this.

No need to amend the guidelines, quoting a post where you praised Lambert after the Stoke win in any thread would suffice.

Defensively, we are much better than we were last season. I think this will ensure our safety.

I'd drop Westwood and play Grealish in the middle along with Delph and Sanchez for that extra bit of creativity. Lamberts persistence with Westwood annoys me a little, he's tidy enough but does so little to influence a match.

• Like 1

No need to amend the guidelines, quoting a post where you praised Lambert after the Stoke win in any thread would suffice.

I praised the team. It would be rather hypocritical of me to praise Lambert for managing to win a game of football. To earn my praise he needs to do it more often and not just a few times per season as he has managed so far. I don't rate the man and want him gone and I don't hide this fact.

It would be rather hypocritical of me to praise Lambert for managing to win a game of football.

You criticise him for not managing to win a game of football.

With that in mind I think it would be, and is, rather hypocritical of you to not praise Lambert for managing to win a game of football.

It would be rather hypocritical of me to praise Lambert for managing to win a game of football.

With that in mind I think it would be, and is, rather hypocritical of you to not praise Lambert for managing to win a game of football.

Lambert doesn't win games, he only loses them. Its the players that win them.  :D

I have heard Moyes say he wanted bale,ronaldo,and fabregas.

Well I could improve United's fortunes if I had them !

Likewise I hear it is a shortage of decent players that hinders lambo - yet the majority of our 22 would get into a premiership or good championship side, so I think blaming the players is a cop out. If it is as simple as that why have a manager at all?

I am not overly interested in last nights result as a guide to whether we should keep lambo, and neither do I think it is relevant,overall,that it has happened before....despite how it feels it is actually quite easy to repeatedly suffer in the cups.

What I am concerned about is that run from December last year indicated there could be problems over tactics, motivation, and belief....it looked like that had maybe been dealt with at stoke, less so against Newcastle, where we seemed almost fearful rather than solid,and less so again yesterday.

Another 2 or 3 games will show one way or the other and I think these will dictate whether he goes or stays, and rightly so in my view. I very much hope it goes right as I like him and still feel, I don't know why, that he could be good for us.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 1

I haven't criticised him for failing to win ONE game of football I have criticised him (again) for failing to beat lower league oppositon (again) and my criticism is cumulative as he has consistently failed over his time as Villa Manager.

However, if it suits you to believe that I consider and comment about each result in isolation then that's up to you.

I am a Villa fan and want us to do well and therefore I want the best manager possible in place and I have been consistent in my belief that Lambert is not that person.

Edited by pacbuddies

even a win on sunday i want him out villa fans dont deserve this

Yeah 7 points from 9 would be a **** terrible start to the season.

(I'm angry about last night but come on, seriously?)

I haven't criticised him for failing to win ONE game of football I have criticised him (again) for failing to beat lower league oppositon (again) and my criticism is cumulative as he has consistently failed over his time as Villa Manager.

However, if it suits you to believe that I consider and comment about each result in isolation then that's up to you.

I am a Villa fan and want us to do well and therefore I want the best manager possible in place and I have been consistent in my belief that Lambert is not that person.

This just proves Lambert's strategy/mentality imo.

Constantly play like the under dog and pray to god you snatch a goal on the counter;effective against the top sides but piss poor against anyone else. So even when a league one side sits back and challenges us to break them down we have no idea what to do.

Evidentially missing the part where a host of good chances were wasted. We did break them down down at times but was very wasteful.

But whatever.....

LAMBERT OUT!!!! WORST MANAGER EVER!!!!

It suits me to believe that if your criticism is cumulative then your praise should be counter-actively cumulative if your opinion of Lambert's ability is to be as objective as possible.

You are under no obligation to be objective though (obviously) so if it suits you to only accumulate negatives then that's up to you.

I hate losing in the cup to lower league teams

I know isn't it pathetic?

I mean it can happen to any team and you can forgive it once maybe twice.

But four times since Lambert has been here?

It's just really really pathetic and regardless of our resources should not have happened so many times.

And yet again in the interview Lambert swerves the question of how the fans might feel by talking about our great start to the season.

After 4 limp dick performances against shit opposition he is still incapable of an apology

It's just really really pathetic and regardless of our resources should not have happened so many times.

And yet again in the interview Lambert swerves the question of how the fans might feel by talking about our great start to the season.

After 4 limp dick performances against shit opposition he is still incapable of an apology

Exactly. It's my concern too. It's happened too often, it's getting really, really embarassing. It's nothing we as fans should accept. Lambert has to go imo. A bad result against Hull and with the remaining fixtures ahead, and he will be under unreal pressure.

But hey 270 minutes of competitive football so far this season and 2 shots on target!

At home to league 1 opposition and we play one up front?

I just hope that the first job Fox has when he arrives next month is to sack this pathetic excuse for a manager! He's just a poor version of McLeish!

13 shots on target against Orient points the blame on the team who played and not the manager.

there were not 13 shots on target . According to all stats people we have only had 4 on target in last 5 games. Who is saying so many last night?

Â