Paul Lambert

limpid

Change the manager as often as you want, give him shit money to spend and he can't do too much. Yep mistakes made, yep last few months have been dreadful , yes not much progress on last year. But what did the useless owner we have spend? Lerner is useless and worse than Ellis in my opinion

Best manager since saunders eh richard?

yes he is and pity he was not afforded the monetary tools to show it
Bottom line is Richard that there has been no improvement from last season which has been the last bastion of defence. It would be better that you just admit you've been wrong about him and be done with it.
why ? Better for who? You? The baying crowd ? Why better just to conform when I quite clearly hold a different viewpoint. That's not the way life works

Its another sad day for the club when people are celebrating another manager leaving.

I'm not celebrating until we know who his replacement is going to be and when/if there's a guarantee of investment.

• Like 1

Its another sad day for the club when people are celebrating another manager leaving.

I'm not celebrating until we know who his replacement is going to be and when/if there's a guarantee of investment.

This.

News from Planet Lambert (via the OS):

"I am proud of the team staying up because it's been a hard, hard season.

"Villa are still a Premier League club. It's an incredible achievement to stay in the Premier League with everything that's happened.

Incredible indeed.

Do we actually know he's being sacked yet or are we all just jumping the gun massively? Was that 'Sky Sports understands' thing real? Not that that's necessarily anything to go on...

How can he not be sacked? You can have 1 bad season but to show no progress and a massive drop in form for the last quarter of the season all points to one thing and thats Paul to get his p45.

Lambert hasn't been perfect but even if he was we wouldn't be finishing top half.

If he leaves then so be it, but people's expectations on the new manager had better be realistic else we're only going to have the same again every single season until the day Lerner leaves.

• Like 1

News from Planet Lambert (via the OS):

"I am proud of the team staying up because it's been a hard, hard season.

"Villa are still a Premier League club. It's an incredible achievement to stay in the Premier League with everything that's happened.

Incredible indeed.

As well as key injuries I assume that this is a reference to whatever has been going on at the training ground (under his watch it must be said, but we don't know the full stories - some of which suggest he wasn't backed by Faulkner/Lerner to deal with it).

Do we actually know he's being sacked yet or are we all just jumping the gun massively? Was that 'Sky Sports understands' thing real? Not that that's necessarily anything to go on...

How can he not be sacked? You can have 1 bad season but to show no progress and a massive drop in form for the last quarter of the season all points to one thing and thats Paul to get his p45.

Because he's not the main problem.

For me he just wasn't good enough. He had players at his disposal that went backwards this season just like the team. The team should have performed better this season but he wasn't capable of motivating them or getting tactics right. 

His buys have been hit and miss, and he has been unlucky this season with injuries. Sad it hasn't worked out for him and if he does go I won't be too worried.

Edited by villianusa

Best manager since Saunders? That's the funniest thing I've ever read on here.

Think he means Dean Saunders. I'd agree

Think he was actually referring to Jennifer.

• Like 3

For me he just wasn't good enough. He had players at his disposal that went backwards this season just like the team. The tea, should have performed better this season but he wasn't capable of motivating them or getting tactics right. 

His buys have been hit and miss, and he has been unlucky this season with injuries. Sad it hasn't worked out for him and if he does go I won't be too worried.

I completely agree the tea has been way below par!  :P

Edited by daggy_333

Without terrible luck with injuries we would almost have certainly done better to the point that 'progress' has been made, on a shoestring.

Yes, all clubs have to deal with injuries but this season has been especially damaging for us. Lambert has also made mistakes, but he's human and will have learned from them.

I think it's a shame PL won't be given the opportunity to build on the current squad for a third season with a bigger budget.

He's been shafted by Lerner by not releasing funds when needed.

• Like 4

Â