Paul Lambert

limpid

Genuinely think some of you are going to be in for a real shock if you think that there is actually a manager out there that could do much better than Lambert has given the injuries and suffocating restraints he has had to work under.

Steve Bruce and Mark Hughes say hi !

Both have done better and spent much less (Bruce got Hull promoted and safe in the Premier League and spent £32M in two years compared to £40M spent by lambert in the same period, Hughes signed 7 players and spent £7M at Stoke in his first season)

Edited by dukes
  • Like 3

As things stand right now Paul Lambert is the best Manager to progress & develop Aston Villa FC. He has laid the ground work,been set back by injuries & just needs a little bit more time & patience to propel us forward & hopefully with better finance being made availabe a chance to buy a few more gems like Benteke.

Which Manager is better placed than Paul Lambert to knows what's actually needed to move us forward?

Let's not go back to first base all over again.

Seriously ?

He did well in his first season, but I fail to remember the last time Lambert was able to make an in game change that positively effected the result of that game.

Have you actually seen his team play this season ? Are you aware that his anti-football has us topping the long ball table ? He is clueless, and bringing in just about any manager other than him would be more likely to change our fortunes next season even if there is no money to spend.

If all the other rumours turn out to not be true, every Villa fan in the world should be hoping and preying that this guy is as far away from B6 as possible come the end of the season.

Genuinely think some of you are going to be in for a real shock if you think that there is actually a manager out there that could do much better than Lambert has given the injuries and suffocating restraints he has had to work under.

Change the record.

This 'there is not another manager out there that could do better than Lambert under the current constraints' line is really starting to become tiresome.

There are many managers in the world (yes, I said the world not just the UK) that could do better than Lambert.

As we don't know what parameters have been set for PL to work under your conclusion is purely hypothetical.

Could Ancellotti or SAF eg have done any better? We simply don't know & because of this they may even have faired even worse.

As things stand right now Paul Lambert is the best Manager to progress & develop Aston Villa FC. He has laid the ground work,been set back by injuries & just needs a little bit more time & patience to propel us forward & hopefully with better finance being made availabe a chance to buy a few more gems like Benteke.

Which Manager is better placed than Paul Lambert to knows what's actually needed to move us forward?

As you use these same parameters to defend Lambert, presumably your conclusions are also hypothetical, and therefore Pacbuddies' conclusions are just as valid as yours.

I use my own two eyes & my half a brain to see the virtues in Paul Lambert, nothing else. ( That's all you need)  The parameters are set by Randy Lerner & not by me & he is Chairman & is totally satisfied that Lambo has fulfilled his remit. Therefore there is nothing hypothetical about it. However, Pacbuddies scenario though,definitely is, as he is speculating about other Managers doing better when he is not privy to the parameters set by Randy Lerner.

To confirm, predominantly IMO, Lambert has been beset by injuries to his major investments & had it not been for this our progress & development under him would be much more palpable.

Hope that set's the record straight for you?

• Like 2

Change the record.

This 'there is not another manager out there that could do better than Lambert under the current constraints' line is really starting to become tiresome.

There are many managers in the world (yes, I said the world not just the UK) that could do better than Lambert.

As we don't know what parameters have been set for PL to work under your conclusion is purely hypothetical.

Could Ancellotti or SAF eg have done any better? We simply don't know & because of this they may even have faired even worse.

As you use these same parameters to defend Lambert, presumably your conclusions are also hypothetical, and therefore Pacbuddies' conclusions are just as valid as yours.

I use my own two eyes & my half a brain to see the virtues in Paul Lambert, nothing else. ( That's all you need)  The parameters are set by Randy Lerner & not by me & he is Chairman & is totally satisfied that Lambo has fulfilled his remit. Therefore there is nothing hypothetical about it. However, Pacbuddies scenario though,definitely is, as he is speculating about other Managers doing better when he is not privy to the parameters set by Randy Lerner.

To confirm, predominantly IMO, Lambert has been beset by injuries to his major investments & had it not been for this our progress & development under him would be much more palpable.

All speculation.

Change the record.

McLeish forfilled his remit and we know how that ended!!

Anyway I thought part of this remit was to bring entertaining, attacking football back to AVFC. This part of the remit has not been forfilled!

If Lambert's remit was to play dull football and nearly get us relegated 2 seasons on the bounce then I would agree, he has fulfilled his remit.

What if it was to play however we need to in order to stay safe from relegation?

• Like 1

If Lambert's remit was to play dull football and nearly get us relegated 2 seasons on the bounce then I would agree, he has fulfilled his remit.

It's like you haven't been following the news for the past six months. Aston Villa has had an injury crisis. The only goalscorer we can talk about, has been out injured. So has many other important players. What do you deem to be acceptable for a squad like Villa with these injuries to key members of the squad? 5 more points? 8? So Villa sack a manager for events he has no control over and because Villa lack 1-3 more victories?

• Like 1

I have said before randy lerners objective and my objective as a fan,is two different things.

I will not bail out randy lerners financial problems as much as I sympathise.....shit football no season ticket money from me.

Sorry randy that's the reality of business.

It's a business decision from me.

• Like 2

What if it was to play however we need to in order to stay safe from relegation?

He must be some sort of genius then if he can get so close to getting relegated 2 seasons on the bounce and just about survive with a couple of games to go.

It's like you haven't been following the news for the past six months. Aston Villa has had an injury crisis. The only goalscorer we can talk about, has been out injured. So has many other important players. What do you deem to be acceptable for a squad like Villa with these injuries to key members of the squad? 5 more points? 8? So Villa sack a manager for events he has no control over and because Villa lack 1-3 more victories?

I have been following the news for a lot longer than 6 months. Do you choose just to look back as far as November 2013 and forget anything that has gone before?

In addition, injuries are not an excuse for playing extremely poorly and having no tactical awareness. Every club gets injuries but you only seem to think it applies to Villa.

Edited by pacbuddies
  • Like 1

people seem to think that Lambert was lured with the thought of a giant pot of money to spend,then finding out he aint even got a pot to piss in,Lambert knew the circumstances and hes proved hes the wrong man for this job.

Every club gets injuries but you only seem to think it applies to Villa.

You say "every club gets injuries" but don't appreciate that some clubs get more injuries than other clubs.

Every year half the teams in the league are luckier than average and half the teams are unluckier than average for injuries. There is always one team that is the unluckiest of all, and one team that is the luckiest. That's how it goes.

This season the worst-hit team was our club. Next season we might be the luckiest. 

Injuries make the job of managing a team and setting out tactics far more difficult. Manager has fewer effective choices to choose fro,.

A manager that can successfully work through an injury crisis is doing a good job.

• Like 1

Every club gets injuries but you only seem to think it applies to Villa.

You say "every club gets injuries" but don't appreciate that some clubs get more injuries than other clubs.

Every year half the teams in the league are luckier than average and half the teams are unluckier than average for injuries. There is always one team that is the unluckiest of all, and one team that is the luckiest. That's how it goes.

This season the worst-hit team was our club. Next season we might be the luckiest. 

Injuries make the job of managing a team and setting out tactics far more difficult. Manager has fewer effective choices to choose fro,.

A manager that can successfully work through an injury crisis is doing a good job.

We had a lot of injuries under Gerard Houllier, remember?

It happens to every club and every manager has to manage it. Lambert can't because he only bought a couple of good players in the 2 seasons he has been here and the rest of the dross he wasted money on haven't been able to fill in.

Seriously ?

He did well in his first season, but I fail to remember the last time Lambert was able to make an in game change that positively effected the result of that game.

Have you actually seen his team play this season ? Are you aware that his anti-football has us topping the long ball table ? He is clueless, and bringing in just about any manager other than him would be more likely to change our fortunes next season even if there is no money to spend.

If all the other rumours turn out to not be true, every Villa fan in the world should be hoping and preying that this guy is as far away from B6 as possible come the end of the season.

Unfortunately, for me, there's one game that stands out more than others that says to me me that Lambert doesn't have a clue. Bradford City at Villa Park and chasing a cup final in front of a huge Villa crowd. Needing goals and what does he do? The old fashioned "just lump it into the box lads and try to win a knock down". That said it all for me.

• Like 1

Andy Carroll is pretty much West Hams only striker and has been out a lot if the season. Michu has been out for a long time and he was a major player for Swansea. It's up to the manager to utilise the players he has got available. Let's not forget in Bowery, Helenious and Holt Lambert still had 3 strikers that he chose to sign, not including gabby and Weiman.

Â