Paul Lambert

limpid

To be honest im happy to change the manager every 2 seasons until we get a good one. Man U, Chelsea, Man City do it. Arsenal have found there manager. Ok may not be winning trophies but consistent, an id be happy with that!!

I go along with that.

Lambert has had his 2 seasons,so time to go. 

Next.

• Like 1

What can you say about Lamberts tactics ! IMHO it is impossable to defend for 90 minutes against a team like Man $ity and expect to come away with a draw.

Another tactical masterpiece from Mr Lambert.

Maybe we should of just attacked like arsenal tried to do?

Remind me what Chelsea did when they went there?

One tactic worked, the other didn't.

Lambert tried the one that worked.

• Like 1

The reason Lambert WILL get the sack, as well as one of the best pieces of evidence for the takeover is this;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/10615174/Aston-Villa-ready-to-offer-manager-Paul-Lambert-a-new-contract.html

That was in February. It has been quiet about this since March, and since then we have been bombarded with speculations on our takover. The reason why Lambert was going to get a new contract was that there was no buyer. Now, there is a buyer of the club, therefore Lambert will not get a new contract.

A potential counter argument for this claim is that Lambert hasnt been very good recently. Well, I think we were poor throughout the season. A win here and there at the beggining of the campaign does not change the manager over a few months period. It is the same Lambert that was going to get a new contract in Fabruary.

That is all, I am here all week.

#noitk  #commonsense  #lambert&lernerout

I hope that article is wrong.

If Lambert signs a 3 year contract then we are done.

The only reason Lerner wants to keep him is because he is cheap, BUT  you get what you pay for.

Those wishing his removal would be well advised to be careful what they wish for

I'd be very surprised if a new manager did much worse.

and I'd be very surprised if he was changed that in a few months those frothing at the mouth for his removal now wouldn't be doing the same again

Those wishing his removal would be well advised to be careful what they wish for

Did you feel the same with Houllier?

No nor Mcleish,  Nor DOL ,  nor Mcneill,  nor Turner ,  Nor Venglos.

Not sure of your point you see they were all different circumstances

There seems to be an argument that for the sake of continuity and to avoid more upheaval/going back to the drawing board that Lambert should be kept on. For me that argument falls flat on its face immediately as regardless of who is in charge this squad needs a complete overhaul and rebuild. The squad is dire and the poorest I can remember since we last dropped out of the top flight.

It will need a massive turnover in players to get us back into the top 7 – 10 which should be a realistic initial target. On top of that despite Lambert being here two years he has failed to instil any pattern to our play. I have attended every one of the home games he has been in charge and 50%+ of the away games and I genuinely do not have a clue what he is trying to do and what his footballing philosophy is. More worryingly I get the impression the players don’t have a clue either.

In two years he has basically built nothing. Not even laid any half decent foundations. From the strength/overall quality of the squad to the style of play nothing has been defined/put in place.

Come 6pm on Sunday we will most likely have just finished our worst ever Premier League season (based on points and goal difference). I could perhaps swallow on that if I  could at least see a glimmer of promise and the first bricks in place for something being built. After two years there is nothing though. I championed Lambert and was over the moon when he joined but despite acknowledging he has been dealt a poor hand by Lerner in terms of finances I can’t kid myself. I was wrong on him and sadly he was not, and is not, the man to rebuild this great club.

Fab post and exactly where i'm at.

Lambert is shit, but if there's no takeover and no major investment then the most sensible thing would be for him to stay - probably our best chance in order to avoid relegation again as he knows the shit squad he has and finds a way to get results, albeit so rarely. A new manager, even with progressive ideas, would struggle with this lot - they can't string 2 passes together after 2 years of training together ffs...

If there is no takeover then I think Lambert should stay unless Lerner can persuade Moyes to come (which is unlikely).

I dread to think of who Lerner would choose to manage us again if it's not someone obvious like Moyes. Whilst Moyes isn't that exciting, he'd do a better job than Lambert is. 

If there is no takeover then I think Lambert should stay unless Lerner can persuade Moyes to come (which is unlikely).

I dread to think of who Lerner would choose to manage us again if it's not someone obvious like Moyes. Whilst Moyes isn't that exciting, he'd do a better job than Lambert is. 

Pretty much. I think people are just deluding themselves if they think getting rid of Lambert but everything else staying the same will change much.

I think for nearly an hour last night we were in the game but we couldn't defend like that all night. City have put more goals past better teams so im not that down after the result. He does look like a dead man walking though

I'm sorry mate, but stretching every sinew to defend,defend,defed and holding on for grim life is not 'being in the game'.

We didn't park the bus, we parked a fleet of buses and still got battered.

Yes, we were always on a hiding to nothing last night.

Yes we have injury problems.

Yes man City are champions elect.

But **** me, show some pride....get in their faces, harry and chase, try and play the game further up the pitch than on your own half way line.

'The shackles were off last night', according to PL.

So, why didn't we play like it ?

Hmmmm, I wonder if West Ham will approach their game on Sunday the same way we did.

They'll probably get tanked as well, but at least go down fighting.   

I hate this kind of argument.

That starting line-up he had available to him last night was not premier league standard (not his fault, but TERRIBLE injury luck and due to lack of NET investment)

PL has made his team punch above their weight numerous times this season, a fantastic example being the bloody REVERSE FIXTURE.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to apply basic statistics to situations like this. Going into the game, given the title challening circumstance and our lack of depth, we had a limited chance of success..on the odd ocasion we'll overcome those odds, but the MAJORITY of times we wont. You cant EXPECT to win games like last night, we adopted a game plan which was fairly effective for 60 minutes, we didnt have the available quality to turn it around. It happens, it happened to a lot of teams this year and will happen a lot more to us unless significant investment happens.

Getting rid of PL would be short team reactiveness, just another orbit of the merry-go-round and wont address the fundamental issues at the club. I have a horrible feeling that we'll be sat here debating whether <insert next manager> has what it takes too.  

No-one said we expect to win.

But I expected us to compete, not play with 10 men behind the ball. With a star struck approach like some **** non league team who are just grateful to be playing in big stadium in front of a big crowd.

Last night, we showed the world what we really..... again.

Its his squad, his team, his tactics and his approach to the game, and in all aspects he is shit.

Its shame no-one told Bradford, Millwall and Sheff U that they shouldn't expect to compete with the big boys !

Edited by andyh

TBH takeover or no takeover I think Lambert is going. 37 games and he doesn't know if he will be here next season. That tells me he won't.

Yes

Whenever there is speculation about a manager he goes....also with only 1 year on his contract ? - I will be staggered if he stays - and I have backed him for 2 seasons. It would be unprecentded if he stays...

TBH takeover or no takeover I think Lambert is going. 37 games and he doesn't know if he will be here next season. That tells me he won't.

Yes

Whenever there is speculation about a manager he goes....also with only 1 year on his contract ? - I will be staggered if he stays - and I have backed him for 2 seasons. It would be unprecentded if he stays...

Err, what?

I'd be very surprised if a new manager did much worse.

Lets hope not - because any worse would be a disaster.

There seems to be an argument that for the sake of continuity and to avoid more upheaval/going back to the drawing board that Lambert should be kept on. For me that argument falls flat on its face immediately as regardless of who is in charge this squad needs a complete overhaul and rebuild. The squad is dire and the poorest I can remember since we last dropped out of the top flight.

It will need a massive turnover in players to get us back into the top 7 – 10 which should be a realistic initial target. On top of that despite Lambert being here two years he has failed to instil any pattern to our play. I have attended every one of the home games he has been in charge and 50%+ of the away games and I genuinely do not have a clue what he is trying to do and what his footballing philosophy is. More worryingly I get the impression the players don’t have a clue either.

In two years he has basically built nothing. Not even laid any half decent foundations. From the strength/overall quality of the squad to the style of play nothing has been defined/put in place.

Come 6pm on Sunday we will most likely have just finished our worst ever Premier League season (based on points and goal difference). I could perhaps swallow on that if I  could at least see a glimmer of promise and the first bricks in place for something being built. After two years there is nothing though. I championed Lambert and was over the moon when he joined but despite acknowledging he has been dealt a poor hand by Lerner in terms of finances I can’t kid myself. I was wrong on him and sadly he was not, and is not, the man to rebuild this great club.

Really good post, which sums up my feelings entirely. Sadly PL is deficent as a manager in so many areas and after two years money or no money that is not going to change.

Â