Paul Lambert

limpid

Regardless of the outcome against spurs this will be our 2nd lowest points total in prem history. That also means the last 3 consecutive years are now our lowest 3 points totals in prem history. Just shows how far we've dropped. And not just under Paul Lambert.

No improvement on McLeish. We've only got ninety minutes left of the man and I can't wait to see the back of him.

If we lose against Spurs he will have actually achieved the same points as McLeish but with a worse goal difference. I was desperate for Lambert to succeed but this season has been shocking and we have gone backwards certainly in terms of performances.

Didn't realise that about GD. That's really bad.

McLeish would be slaughtered for those tactics tonight, rightly or wrongly. 19 losses this season is completely unacceptable. We were always going to lose tonight, especially with the team we had put out. Over the season it has just not been good enough.

We got what we asked for tonight. Expecting to hold out under pressure for 90 mins against Man City away is just stupid and in the end they took the piss. Although City are miles in front of us quality wise it has to be one of the worst Villa teams in my memory, stretching 30+ years.

McLeish would be slaughtered for those tactics tonight, rightly or wrongly. 19 losses this season is completely unacceptable. We were always going to lose tonight, especially with the team we had put out. Over the season it has just not been good enough.

You are right but there will always be someone with a lame excuse ready to jump to Lambert's defence.

We were always going to lose tonight anyway.

Thought he got it spot on personally. Didn't have the talent up front though and City wore us down.

Never mind.

Correct. What do some expect when 3 strikers are unavailable?

You cannot play Man City any other way. Even Chelsea played the same tactics.

We were 2-0 down until the last few minutes when Lambert went attacking (and gave academy players some experience) and took of two defenders.

We then conceded another two goals.

We were always going to lose tonight anyway.

Thought he got it spot on personally. Didn't have the talent up front though and City wore us down.

Never mind.

Correct. What do some expect when 3 strikers are unavailable?

I didn't expect anything tonight to be honest and can't really complain about how he set the team up to start the game.

Can't have any issues with today really. Most talented squad of individuals arguably every brought together who needed a win for the league. Had we started attack minded it could've been ten to be honest. The back line looked very good for most of the game

• Like 2

Can't have any issues with today really. Most talented squad of individuals arguably every brought together who needed a win for the league. Had we started attack minded it could've been ten to be honest. The back line looked very good for most of the game

Agreed. City have demolished better teams than us this seaason but for some people it's any excuse to slate Lambert.

Agreed. City have demolished better teams than us this seaason but for some people it's any excuse to slate Lambert.

i suppose the other 18 defeats this season are ok to question him then?

We've got 38 pts from 37 games. I don't think many are using this game as an excuse to have a moan.

Â