Paul Lambert

limpid

I see a lot of people saying they would like Lambert to be given one more chance and given money to spend. Based on a few of his signings I can understand why people would say that but surely we risk the chance of another year of disruption if he is to be sacked half way through.

Surely it's better to have a fresh start.

Based on a few of his signings? Benteke and Guzan who doesn't really count have been good and Vlaar has been okay.

The rest are shit

Yes. The rest are shit. Not okay. Not mediocre. Not good squad players. They are not great, therefore they are shit.

Based on this reaction, I have to ask. How do you react to a yellow light?

Is there another club in the premier league that would buy any of them?

No would be the answer to that and the reason it's a no is bloody obvious

I wouldn't take 70% of other teams players around us. Does that make them 'shit'?

I see a lot of people saying they would like Lambert to be given one more chance and given money to spend. Based on a few of his signings I can understand why people would say that but surely we risk the chance of another year of disruption if he is to be sacked half way through.

Based on a few of his signings? Benteke and Guzan who doesn't really count have been good and Vlaar has been okay.

The rest are shit

Yes. The rest are shit. Not okay. Not mediocre. Not good squad players. They are not great, therefore they are shit.

Because we never found Prem takers for Bannan, Ireland and Bent.

If no other Premier League club would touch our players then I reckon Lambert's done a good job of keeping this bunch of rejects off the bottom of the league all season.  :)

And that they probably were/are on very inflated wages here

None of whom were his signings

Bent is back next season too

The rest are shit

Edited by KHV

If no other Premier League club would touch our players then I reckon Lambert's done a good job of keeping this bunch of rejects off the bottom of the league all season. :)

Exactly.

Some would have us believe we have the worst squad in the league yet we've not been in the relegation places all season. So surely Lambert's doing something right and shpulndt just be dismissed as a waste of space.

The rest are shit

Think his point was that it'd be easier to shift a lot of Lambert's players than it was to get rid of somebody like Ireland.

Was it reasoned and sensible when a few months ago anyone criticising Lambert were told they were wrong because of where we were in the league?

It's gone from he's clearly doing a good job and progressing to well he's doing OK and by the end of the season I'm not sure how his points total will be defended.

I didn't want to leave this unanswered but at the same time there is little or no point me answering. I don't mean any offence by that so please don't take any, its just your mind is clearly made up on Lambert and nothing I say is going to change that in the slightest which is fair enough. There is no reason your opinion should change because mine is different.

But at the same time there is little point me answering the above or us going back and forth on it when we aren't going to shift our views or meet in the middle.

• Like 1

Was it reasoned and sensible when a few months ago anyone criticising Lambert were told they were wrong because of where we were in the league?

It's gone from he's clearly doing a good job and progressing to well he's doing OK and by the end of the season I'm not sure how his points total will be defended.

I didn't want to leave this unanswered but at the same time there is little or no point me answering. I don't mean any offence by that so please don't take any, its just your mind is clearly made up on Lambert and nothing I say is going to change that in the slightest which is fair enough. There is no reason your opinion should change because mine is different.

But at the same time there is little point me answering the above or us going back and forth on it when we aren't going to shift our views or meet in the middle.

Using this logic there's very little point in posting at all in On Topic :P 

• Like 1

If no other Premier League club would touch our players then I reckon Lambert's done a good job of keeping this bunch of rejects off the bottom of the league all season. :)

Exactly.

Some would have us believe we have the worst squad in the league yet we've not been in the relegation places all season. So surely Lambert's doing something right and shpulndt just be dismissed as a waste of space.

I don't think worst in the league I do think probably the worst villa squad I've ever seen.

I see people arguing over the merits of Lamberts transfers, but that isn't the only part of a managers job. He should be abl to get the best out of all players available to him, he should be able to improve the players that are there. He should be able to get a tactic that suits the players he has. All of those I don't see lambert doing and for me why he should go.

Using this logic there's very little point in posting at all in On Topic :P

I rarely do :)

Sometimes views are more flexible though.

only 2 Managers who have lost a higher % of their games in charge:

Dick Taylor 49.31%

Tommy Cummings 48.39%

Paul Lambert 45.78%

Interesting stat from the TBAR forum. Can the constraints he's worked under really excuse that one?

Or do you really think a man who took Norwich from League One to the Prem in successive seasons would not have done a better job if his remit wasn't to halve the wage bill and build an entirely new squad in 12 months with £40m?

• Like 2

Romavillan - It's a different team in different circumstances. Just because a manager has previous success doesn't mean that it will be replicated in a bigger job. Look at AVB, very successful at Porto, but at Chelsea and to some extent Spurs he wasn't successful.

Dick Taylor 49.31%

Tommy Cummings 48.39%

Paul Lambert 45.78%

Interesting stat from the TBAR forum. Can the constraints he's worked under really excuse that one?

Or do you really think a man who took Norwich from League One to the Prem in successive seasons would not have done a better job if his remit wasn't to halve the wage bill and build an entirely new squad in 12 months with £40m?

He did that? Accounts say the wage bill has actually increased.

Dick Taylor 49.31%

Tommy Cummings 48.39%

Paul Lambert 45.78%

You don't think there's plenty of examples of managers and players who have performed well in the lower leagues who then struggled at the top level?

Honestly, I think half the time you see "defence" and "excuses" which simply aren't there in the first place.

There getting less and less but there's been plenty over these 2 years.

Romavillan - It's a different team in different circumstances. Just because a manager has previous success doesn't mean that it will be replicated in a bigger job. Look at AVB, very successful at Porto, but at Chelsea and to some extent Spurs he wasn't successful.

Yeah totally, I was just trying to put some context to the situation. As others have said, I don't think our players or our manager are "shit". At this level it's a very, very fine line between success and failure. We've had too much of the latter, but personally I'm not sure it would have gone any better for someone else, unless they'd had more luck with injuries this season.

Edited by romavillan

Dick Taylor 49.31%

Tommy Cummings 48.39%

Paul Lambert 45.78%

He did that? Accounts say the wage bill has actually increased.

I can't find it but someone posted the wages of the last mcleish starting 11 and the current best 11. McLeish's team was about £470k and Lamberts was more like £250k.

Â