Paul Lambert

limpid

One question. Last season towards the end we were playing pretty decent hi-octane football with Gabby and Weimann running the channels - we had a direct but free flowing counter attacking style. Yes we conceded a fair number of goals still due to sill mistakes.

This season was meant to be 'more of the same' but without the comedy defending.

Yet somehow we started off with less comedy defending but a lot less goals, then progressed to comedy defending and less goals and then endless hoof ball tactics and no consistency or anything, other than injuries.

Yes I get that the three of Gabby, Andi, and Big Chris would be found out and marked heavily, but you'd still think we would have some success.

It was like everything we learnt last season has gone aside from some marginally better set piece defending.

It just proves that Paul Lambert is full of beans & has 57 varieties of tactics to employ as & when required.

• Like 1

Yes it is an interesting quote.

Been noticable that the usual flat batting from all involved with Villa communication to media has been slipping in the last few weeks.

Surely got to be something going on!

Hope more than judgement at this point.

"From day one, Randy’s been 100% with me but football owes you nothing & we must respect his decision when it comes."

Interesting quote from Lambert today.

crazy-dance.gif

Don't you mean:

DiscoLambo.jpg

• Like 2

Although he's also told Kendrick he intends to be here next season.

What he intends and what will happen are two seperate things thankfully.

Agree. Reading it I think he sounds a bit desperate and deep down I'm sure he knows he's done here.

Everytime Lambert opens his mouth, it makes me dislike him a little bit more. Which is a shame as I really wanted him back in 2012.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/only-clever-people-understand-randy-7029863

Only 'clever' people will understand Randy Lerner's statement, says Paul Lambert

PAUL Lambert insists Randy Lerner’s statement about the future of Aston Villa was “pretty clear” – and claims anybody left confused is “not clever”.

Lerner, renowned for saying nothing, made two declarations last week. the second of which stating that he would address the club’s fate at the end of the season.

On rumours of a potential sale, Lerner said: ““Following the point yesterday at Villa Park, there have been stories about my selling the club... As regards my personal role at the club and the steady rumours of a sale, I will address these after the season.”

Some supporters felt Lerner’s words added to the confusion and fuelled rumours rather than quelling them.

But Lambert said: “His statement to me was pretty clear,. He will address everything at the end of the season and I think everybody’s got to respect that.

“This is his club so you’ve got to respect his decision. It will become clear  I’m pretty sure when he decides to say what he’s got to say. I’m totally relaxed about everything.

“I’m not uptight about anything. We’ve got to try and win football matches, which was always the case.

“He’s obviously come out and said that I had to work within parameters that he’s set so everybody’s got a clear indication of that. But he’s the owner of this club and has been a fantastic owner since he worked in.

“I think if people read into the statement and are quite clever about it they’ll understand. If you’re not clever you’ll not pick it up. That’s the bottom line.”

Although I got on his back on his back over the last month or two. With new owners in charge I wouldn't be averse to see him being given one more season with decent investment. Nothing crazy! However we should keep in mind some of his more expensive acquisitions have been his best. It's some of his tactics which have been questionable but we must keep in mind that we have been decimated by injuries,

• Like 4

Lambert looked like a great choice to be our manager after we got rid of TSM. I think he underestimated the work he had ahead of him, and was out of his depth for first six months of the season, but seemed to get the players to play well and found suitable style of playing for them in the last third/quarter of the season.

I do have to wonder what happened after the end of the last season as the style we had played and the form of the players looks to have completely evaporated beside couple exceptions where we played very well, like against Liverpool couple months ago.

• Like 1

Lambert looked like a great choice to be our manager after we got rid of TSM. I think he underestimated the work he had ahead of him, and was out of his depth for first six months of the season, but seemed to get the players to play well and found suitable style of playing for them in the last third/quarter of the season.

I do have to wonder what happened after the end of the last season as the style we had played and the form of the players looks to have completely evaporated beside couple exceptions where we played very well, like against Liverpool couple months ago.

The first few games were good, then Benteke didn't score for about a dozen games partly due to injury and Weimann got second season syndrome. We just didn't have the personnel to cope, though Kozak chipped in with a few goals. The key is money, whether Lambert stays or goes.

• Like 3

The first few games were good, then Benteke didn't score for about a dozen games partly due to injury and Weimann got second season syndrome. We just didn't have the personnel to cope, though Kozak chipped in with a few goals. The key is money, whether Lambert stays or goes.

It's true that we've had horrible lack with injuries and without injuries we'd probably be at least couple places higher. Still, one of the mistakes Lambert has done is not dropping Weimann, especially in the last month when Tonev has been better when he's came on. Hopefully against Swansea he decides to play Tonev and Albrighton.

I can't be arsed now as I'm at work but I'll rate his signings later.

Thanks for telling us I'll make sure I stay logged on.

I can already guess what it will be.

You won't miss it, you never leave this thread.

Lies. There was a quick whinge about Kozak elsewhere.

I can't be arsed now as I'm at work but I'll rate his signings later.

Thanks for telling us I'll make sure I stay logged on.

I can already guess what it will be.

You won't miss it, you never leave this thread.

Why would I with a promise to hear how you rate Lambert's signings? On the edge of my seat.

Â