Paul Lambert

limpid

Wouldn't it be ironic if a new regime appointed MON.

Now that would be something.

I think there is already sufficient irony in the fact we've gone full circle under Lerner and ended up with his clone.

• Like 2

I think there is already sufficient irony in the fact we've gone full circle under Lerner and ended up with his clone.

There are many valid criticisms of Lambert but this makes no sense at all. The two may both have a close relationship and have links to Celtic but most of O'Neill's defining traits are not shared by Lambert and vice versa.

There are many valid criticisms of Lambert but this makes no sense at all. The two may both have a close relationship and have links to Celtic but most of O'Neill's defining traits are not shared by Lambert and vice versa.

I completely disagree. In fact, I did a post outlining the similarities between them a couple of weeks ago. The only major difference in my eyes is the transfer policy.

The only reason I can think of, and it's a big one, is because they don't know enough about the club or sport yet to have "their own man". Likely they'd see how lambert did on a reasonable budget, but by no means big one, maybe the same transfer fees but a bit of relaxation on the wages, and see how that fares.

Did Lerner keep DOL?

There's no way new owners haven't paid attention to the club recently so there's no way they'd have not seen how awful it's been. I just can't see any reason why they'd keep him.

Anyone who's buying any kind of business, club or anything would've investigated everything possible about their possible acquisition unless they are utterly moronic. I'd expect our potential new owners to give a very thorough look at our team and manager, and get a new one.

The only reason I can think of, and it's a big one, is because they don't know enough about the club or sport yet to have "their own man". Likely they'd see how lambert did on a reasonable budget, but by no means big one, maybe the same transfer fees but a bit of relaxation on the wages, and see how that fares.

Did Lerner keep DOL?

There's no way new owners haven't paid attention to the club recently so there's no way they'd have not seen how awful it's been. I just can't see any reason why they'd keep him.

Exactly. New owners obviously has done their research about their new ownership. That includes the current manager, which haven't done much positive so far. Lambert is doomed imo

While more money will help I don't think its just a lack of cash that has us playing awful football, sees formations and tactics that don't work and is why Lambert so often fails to react to how a game is going.

I'm not sure what Lambert has done in these 2 years that make people think a few more months will completly change things. To have a season like last year and not progress I think shows any more time given to Lambert will be wasted.

• Like 2

Did Lerner keep DOL?

Doug sacked DOL and hired MON. 

MON agreed to sign under Doug on the proviso that there was a new owner coming in and he would get money to spend. Lerner had planned to bring Klinsman in but decided to see how Doug's new appointment got on instead. 

Did Lerner keep DOL?

Doug sacked DOL and hired MON.

MON agreed to sign under Doug on the proviso that there was a new owner coming in and he would get money to spend. Lerner had planned to bring Klinsman in but decided to see how Doug's new appointment got on instead.

I find that hard to believe. There's no way MON would have taken the job and risked being replaced a few weeks later.

While more money will help I don't think its just a lack of cash that has us playing awful football, sees formations and tactics that don't work and is why Lambert so often fails to react to how a game is going.

I'm not sure what Lambert has done in these 2 years that make people think a few more months will completly change things. To have a season like last year and not progress I think shows any more time given to Lambert will be wasted.

My main issue is that he has no clear football philosophy other than hoof. After nearly 2 seasons he still have no clue what his best formation is

Did Lerner keep DOL?

Ellis got rid of dol and brought in Mon before Lerner arrived?

Â