Paul Lambert

limpid

I have defended Lambert up until now as I've always thought his hands have been tied behind his back. I understand he had 4 key players missing today but the painful truth is that we have gone backwards this season.

As much as I don't want to endure another rebuilding project from a new manager I really fear for us next season. I've had season tickets for over 40 years but I cannot justify forking out for 3 more next season to watch us dish up yet more turgid drivel.

I still say stick with him [just]

But interested about you not wanting another rebuilding plan - should Lambert stay thats what he will be doing - talk of this squad only needing two or 3 new faces are miles wide of the mark...

Under O'Neill - Net Spend £66 million. Post MON - Net Spend £22 million

You wonder why it has been 4 relegation battles

No way has Lambert spent £22m net, it's way more. Can't think of any significant sales in the past two seasons. Off the top of my head he's signed Benteke (£7m) Okore (£5m) Kozak (£7m) Bennett (£3m) Vlaar (£4m) Luna (£1.5m) Lowton (£3m) Tonev (£2m)

Prove me wrong by all means, but in my opinion he's had enough money to produce better. The home form on its own is reason to sack him

• Like 3

I don't know what he could do today...I saw the team and expected defeat. Imagine a Liverpool team without, Suarez, Sturridge (the next backup), Gerrard, Henderson and Agger. That was our equivalent right there...I'm starting to get nervous again, I hope we can stumble over the line.

Yep any team built on a budget - will be 3 injuries away from disaster - we have 3 such this week. I would have taken a point today - even before the Delph Injury...

cheering in the match thread when the opposition score. 

That is disgusting. They are not true Villa supporters.

They were joking, and absolutely ARE Villa supporters.

But anyway, on my to a charidee do, I just have time to post "Lambert Out".

He's managing to out do even his own abysmally low standards now, the muttering fool.

• Like 1

I don't know what he could do today...I saw the team and expected defeat. Imagine a Liverpool team without, Suarez, Sturridge (the next backup), Gerrard, Henderson and Agger. That was our equivalent right there...I'm starting to get nervous again, I hope we can stumble over the line.

Is not just about today.

I have defended Lambert up until now as I've always thought his hands have been tied behind his back. I understand he had 4 key players missing today but the painful truth is that we have gone backwards this season.

As much as I don't want to endure another rebuilding project from a new manager I really fear for us next season. I've had season tickets for over 40 years but I cannot justify forking out for 3 more next season to watch us dish up yet more turgid drivel.

I still say stick with him [just]

But interested about you not wanting another rebuilding plan - should Lambert stay thats what he will be doing - talk of this squad only needing two or 3 new faces are miles wide of the mark...

I agree we need more than 3 players so in terms of rebuilding I was referring to another manager starting from scratch. I'm not sure I trust Lambert to get it right either so either way it doesn't bode well unless Lerner loosens the purse strings and I doubt that will happen.

Anyone think we'll beat the abysmal 38 points that was sackable for McLeish? Anyone think we'll beat the 19 points we accumulated under him at VP? Anyone even think we'll remain above WBA?

The tide is turning, this is dismal.

Yet another pointless win over a top 4 team as we've predictably followed it with 3 straight defeats and the defence has gone to pieces again which is not good with Benteke injured.

May as well try and put a constructive spin on the attention this thread is getting.

Me and Mantis vs Isa and Risso in a tag team fight to the death, all proceeds go to VT

villaajax as special guest referee.

• Like 1

Yep any team built on a budget - will be 3 injuries away from disaster - we have 3 such this week. I would have taken a point today - even before the Delph Injury...

Would you really accept that against a team of Fulhams calibre. That is a sad indictment if its true of where we are now.

Would you really accept that against a team of Fulhams calibre. That is a sad indictment if its true of where we are now.

It's more of an indicator of just how bad our injuries are at the moment.

• Like 2

Was today's loss that much different to the other record breaking 9? Its a poor excuse.

• Like 1

You keep saying that but this is the worst team in the Prem we are playing who have just done the double over us. We ve broken so many losing records this year it shows its not just today its all season.

We ve promoted nothing from our youth set up in the last few years or even given them a chance. We ve played a host of players out of position in numerous games including today when better options were available. Baffling substition after baffling substition is made. For every one step Lambert brings us forward he is dragging us back at least 2.

I would honestly love for him to suceed with us but I can see very little in 2 years from him to think he will.

Under O'Neill - Net Spend £66 million. Post MON - Net Spend £22 million

You wonder why it has been 4 relegation battles

No way has Lambert spent £22m net, it's way more. Can't think of any significant sales in the past two seasons. Off the top of my head he's signed Benteke (£7m) Okore (£5m) Kozak (£7m) Bennett (£3m) Vlaar (£4m) Luna (£1.5m) Lowton (£3m) Tonev (£2m)

Prove me wrong by all means, but in my opinion he's had enough money to produce better. The home form on its own is reason to sack him

No the £22 million is the net spend of Houllier. McLeish and Lambert, Lerner gave Lambert just 11 players and £20 million a season. How can you improve a team with that.

Unlike Houllier and McLeish. Lambert has just the 1 sellable asset to raise money and he cannot even sell him now

This season has been incredibly disappointing. But we're showing all the signs of a mid-table team. Incredibly inconsistent. When you have a squad like that and throw in all the injuries we've had then it's going to make for a pretty shit season, which is exactly what it's been. Is it all Lambert's fault? Well no, i don't believe it is. But he's done himself no favours either.

This season has been incredibly disappointing. But we're showing all the signs of a mid-table team. Incredibly inconsistent. When you have a squad like that and throw in all the injuries we've had then it's going to make for a pretty shit season, which is exactly what it's been. Is it all Lambert's fault? Well no, i don't believe it is. But he's done himself no favours either.

What's dissapointing is the lack of any improvement. We've followed up a shocking season with another shocking season. And 2 years on from McLeish are we really much better?

Â