Paul Lambert

limpid

You've said its exaggerated. If it is tell us the games we've played well in and played decent football in. If its exaggerated like you claim surely you can do this easily.

So you think that it's a case of either playing really well or really badly and there's no middle ground?

Of course but if you're going to ignore facts and keep claiming its exaggerated I would think you could name the games in which we played well or didn't hoof the ball.

Who's ignoring facts? Did I claim we didn't play bad football or that we didn't hoof it a lot?

There is an in-between FFS. Just because someone doesn't think we play the worst football ever played by anybody ever or don't think that we hoof the ball all the time doesn't mean they don't admit that we do indeed play poor football and hoof it a lot.

Edited by Mantis

I seem to remember that we started pre season with Guzan rolling the ball out to the backs and then trying to build on that with passes on the floor. It looked decent and led to more fluid football than we've been used to watching. When we lost a couple of games early on, we changed to kicking the ball long from the keeper and abandoned any idea of playing the ball out from the back. Now Guzan hoofs the ball to Benteke and 9 times out of ten the opposition win the ball. We then win it back, play a sideways pass, then a backward pass and then often kick it all the way back to Guzan who hoofs it long to Benteke … and we lose the ball.

The fact is that we are playing predictable mind numbing, ineffective football 90% of the time. For that you have to blame Lambert/Culverhouse. The players are doing what they're told, they are not very good at it, but it's what passes for tactics and half time talks these days.

• Like 1

The problem is as a team even when we play in a way that looks almost ok tactically with the right players (or close), inevitably in one area of the pitch we will come up short and still lose. Or make a substitution (enforced by injury or otherwise) that then helps ensures defeat.

There is no consistency in tactics
No consistency in individual player peformance
No consistency in team performance

There is no one consistent in any game - other than we will more than likely lose.

Lambert must now be approaching the worst stats across for the board for any manager at the club.

Dare we mention throw ins???

If Lambert is given 1 more season im gonna piss my pants if it ends up being the same old shite from this season. Although a few will probably still blame transfers budgets??

Not if he's actually given a decent budget.

• Like 2

The fact is that we are playing predictable mind numbing, ineffective football 90% of the time. For that you have to blame Lambert/Culverhouse. The players are doing what they're told, they are not very good at it, but it's what passes for tactics and half time talks these days.

This is my main concern too. What are they doing in training? Are they practising passing and movement? Because it doesn't look like it on the pitch.  I then start to think "Well it's probably down to the calibre of players he's buying" .... but then, if he had better players,  would he try to play a more progressive style of football? I'm not so sure. I know the players we currently have aren't that great, but they are capable of playing better football than we current;y are, but there doesn't seem to be any indication from Lambert that he wants to play better. It's the same tactics over and over and I just can't work out what it is he's trying to achieve by sticking with it?

I could understand if we were playing this awful football but grinding out results, but we don't seem to be able to do that either. 

If Lambert is given 1 more season im gonna piss my pants if it ends up being the same old shite from this season. Although a few will probably still blame transfers budgets??

I think he's had sufficient funds to at least improve us marginally . He's actually made us worse.

He will have to be given a decent budget this summer, then we will see what sort of manager he is.

However, if he is not given a decent budget this summer, then we will know where to point the finger.

I think he's had sufficient funds to at least improve us marginally . He's actually made us worse.

I agree with this, we should at least have seen even a marginal improvement.

And no matter what we think of budgets, transfers or performances, or where the blame lies, he made the calls, and he stands or falls by the decisions he took.

Faulkner is a car crash CEO of a football club

For what it's worth, I think he's very good at ruining a business. It's the footballing side that he struggles with. Simply doesn't understand this industry and him and Lerner were foolish enough to think it didn't matter.

I seem to remember that we started pre season with Guzan rolling the ball out to the backs and then trying to build on that with passes on the floor. It looked decent and led to more fluid football than we've been used to watching. When we lost a couple of games early on, we changed to kicking the ball long from the keeper and abandoned any idea of playing the ball out from the back. Now Guzan hoofs the ball to Benteke and 9 times out of ten the opposition win the ball. We then win it back, play a sideways pass, then a backward pass and then often kick it all the way back to Guzan who hoofs it long to Benteke … and we lose the ball.

Absolutely this.

IMO lambert has comprised implementing a style of play because we lost a few. He didn't even do it last year when we took a right beating on a number of occasions.

Your spot on though. abandoned

Is the key word.

Â