Paul Lambert

limpid

A manager has a huge difference on the team. Everyone saying well who can do better? Im aware Southampton spent money but the change of style when they changed from Adkins has been huge, they look better for it.

Look at how crap Moyes is doing with this Utd team, Fergie destroyed the league with this exact team. Moyes doesn't adapt and neither does Lambert.

Billy Davies at Forest seems to play good football, Id rather we go the wrong with a positive manager trying to do something but we are slowly sinking with Lambert as it is. Id rather we go straight down the plug hole than be trapped swirling around it for years before finally slipping in it.

They had the same points difference under Adkins and pochettino last year. Then they spent and improved. Obviously the big difference is that Adkins had done a good job, whereas Lamberts results at villa have been iffy.

I'd love to see us change our style and go with two wide players and start getting the ball wide and whipping balls into the box. Albrighton one side and Gabby the other. They are both capable of working their bollcoks off and getting back which will help protect the full backs. Benteke up top alongside Weimann.

We are weak personnel wise in the middle anyway outside of Delph and Westwood. KEA only seems to have a half decent 45 mins in him before running out of steam. Sylla is useless and out of his depth. Therefore lets go 4-4-2 with the two wide players especially at home and really go for it.

Edited by markavfc40

Howard Hodgson has wrote an article about our situation. I thought it was a pretty decent read.

http://avillafan.com/site/11469/the-hodgson-report-on-aston-villa-11-years-after-the-original/

It was a decent read, readit earlier today, I found the Brett Holman thing interesting, it appears that he was bombed out for saying the dressing room needed experience, not because he was shite

Has gone yet ?

Whispers getting louder

Aside from people moaning on the internet, what whispers are these?

In they're head?

it's laughable to think this board will sack lambert, no matter how mediocre we are. The board think he's doing a great job.

We were feeling this vibe when McLeish was in charge, the board didn;t have a bad word to say about him but he was sacked straight after the last game of the season, quite ruthless to be honest, because I believe he thought he was getting at least another season!!!

Look! It is blatently obvious if Lambert didn't have this remit to re-build the squad, he would have been sacked by now. His win percentage is so so poor an lets not talk about home form. I believe a comment posted earlier in the thread, stating Lambert is a good manager and could well manage the likes of Cardiff, Fulham maybe Crystal palace with good positive results. What he isn't good at or has any experience, is re-building a squad and maintaining that motivation and graft required especially with new/young players. Ive said on here time and time again, I dont blame the players because we have seen this team against Arsenal, Liverplop, Man City even Mouriniho's Chelsea play a very good game, looking top 6 quality. You would think Lambert could have built on this entertaining football we witnessed, but no it has totally disappeared and we have not seen a convincing win maybe all season.

So we have seen the good football, proves players can play. We have been entertained early part of this season, We have even put in great performances against the big boys.

Verdict: Lambert is the only one controlling the tactics and performances of the team. Players lose form, but its comes back, motivated by the manager. Lambert is in a situation not disimilar to Moyes. Ok we don't have a squad as good as Man U, but the squad has proved we are much better than recent performances. Moyes cannot motivate organise that Premiership winning squad. Lambert cannot motivate organise the squad which gave Liverplop, Chelsea, Arsenal a performance at the begining of the season.

For me even if we win against Norwich and again scrape relegation it will not make this awful season or football disappear, Again we have had to suffer under this manager and for me next season needs to start without him. For me if we change, we have to go Foreign with proven experience of managing young talent!!

• Like 1

I see that Howard Hodgson says how he liked to 'advise Faulkner from afar' on football matters. Knowing only a little about the man, I wondered what his qualifications were to advise on such matters? Is he an experienced football manager, scout, player or administrator? 

I see that Howard Hodgson says how he liked to 'advise Faulkner from afar' on football matters. Knowing only a little about the man, I wondered what his qualifications were to advise on such matters? Is he an experienced football manager, scout, player or administrator? 

To be fair Faulkner don't seem to have many footballing qualifications either. If he did he would never have agreed to the signing of mcLeish

Â