Paul Lambert

limpid

Will sign new contract and promised bigger transfer kitty according to The Mirror.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villas-paul-lambert-poised-3111239?#.UvFuf_mSySo

If true it would make sense to make promises before he signs a deal, after all despite him not doing the best job ever so far i hardly think he wants to keep buying in the sale aisle.

• Like 1

Does anyone really think Laudrup would have played 6 attackers so close together you could have covered them in a blanket as Lambert did against Bradford?

I really want him to succeed but I think he is tactically inept. His line-ups and substitutions at times are baffling.

I have no confidence that even with a team of better players he would organise them properly.

I genuinely think someone else could do better with this bunch of players; I'm willing to forgive some of his buys because all managers sign duds.

Every manager gets things wrong. Laudrup would've played the exact same 4-2-3-1 with no variation.

Where did this idea that laudrup is a good tactician come from? How is doing the same thing every match, even when it's not working, good tactically?

think he was just giving an example of how managers differ in their attributes....don't think he meant it literally.

• Like 2

Where did this idea that laudrup is a good tactician come from? How is doing the same thing every match, even when it's not working, good tactically?

think he was just giving an example of how managers differ in their attributes....don't think he meant it literally.

Fair enough, good point.

• Like 1

Will sign new contract and promised bigger transfer kitty according to The Mirror.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villas-paul-lambert-poised-3111239?#.UvFuf_mSySo

He is getting a warchest! Excellent!

He definitely is, I've gotten a sneak peak at what it is too!

In spoilers so you don't have to read my ITK secrets ;)

warchest_1.jpg

• Like 1

Rollover for soundVilla have appointed three managers since Martin O’Neill left in August 2010 and Lerner is reluctant to avoid any more upheaval at the club.

Yeh, that's not what he means, is it?

Bloody illiterate sports journalists.

Means correcting personal mistakes that have cost in the excess of 10m, appointing the ginger (he stall not be named) and MON's unsanctioned spending sprees etc.

Um, no, it doesn't.

The journalist could have said, "Lerner is reluctant to cause any more upheaval at the club." or "Lerner is keen to avoid any more upheaval at the club."

But saying he is reluctant to avoid upheaval in fact means he wants to have upheaval.

Which is why I said he didn't mean what he said and that he is illiterate.

He gets paid for writing the headline though. I understand what he meant by the 'misleading headline', making sure he doesn't have to deal with anymore problems like he has caused himself in the past, a la McDoughnut.

Edited by Avflife

Leaked stories of a big bid in Jan and now the manager will be backed with good money in the summer? I do wonder if any of this would have come out if the sun hadn't printed the Lerner story.

Either way I'm happy. We sell up or Lambert gets more money. I just worry it will be neither and another survive on the cheap.

• Like 1

If this is true then great on the money side of things but my only surprise is that it has come out now rather than much closer to the end of the season due to ticket sales.

However before anyone pops the champagne bottle just remember we've been here before.

If this is true then great on the money side of things but my only surprise is that it has come out now rather than much closer to the end of the season due to ticket sales.

However before anyone pops the champagne bottle just remember we've been here before.

I think its come out now because of the sale story. I don't know if it adds to the rumour. Its almost as if the club are trying too hard! In the space of a few days we've had the press report Lambert is getting a new contract, we put a substantial bid in for a player in Jan and in the summer Lambert will be given a good amount of money to spend.

Welcome!

1669838_FULL-LND.jpg

Would love love love it

I was at the Hertha v Nuremburg game on Saturday.  Kiyotake was turd.

Lambert is doing a all round good job

Get rid of waste mans & high earners ✔️

Concede less goals, concede less from corners & last minutes ✔️

Replace older disinterested players with younger much less paid hungry players✔️

Score more goals from midfield ✔️

Keep benteke for 1 more season & make him sign a bigger contract that will allow us to get paid more money for him✔️

Stop getting spanked routinely ✔️

Moving forward we need to buy better quality players and try and climb league

Keep up good work lambo

• Like 4

Welcome!

1669838_FULL-LND.jpg

Would love love love it

I was at the Hertha v Nuremburg game on Saturday.  Kiyotake was turd.

Every time I have seen him in the bundesliga which is about 6 times he was been **** awful. Why does everyone want this guy? He looks shite

• Like 1

I think its come out now because of the sale story. I don't know if it adds to the rumour. Its almost as if the club are trying too hard! In the space of a few days we've had the press report Lambert is getting a new contract, we put a substantial bid in for a player in Jan and in the summer Lambert will be given a good amount of money to spend.

I hope like everyone else does that the rhetoric emanating from the club at the moment does come to fruition but as you say due to what has preceded this rumour I'm also a tad suspicious of the club trying too hard.

Edited by Morpheus

Â