Paul Lambert

limpid

Soo scared to lose big that we don't even try to win.

I really loathe the style of anti-football we play sometimes.

Untill Lambert came here i didn't think it existed anymore at this level. It's straight out of the 80's manual.

Felix Magath had a 1000 euro fine system for anyone at Wolfsburg who unneccessarily passed the ball backwards.

Lambert must have something similar for players who try to keep possession or try to pass it to a teammate

Soo scared to lose big that we don't even try to win.

I really loathe the style of anti-football we play sometimes.

Untill Lambert came here i didn't think it existed anymore at this level. It's straight out of the 80's manual.

Felix Magath had a 1000 euro fine system for anyone at Wolfsburg who unneccessarily passed the ball backwards.

Lambert must have something similar for players who try to keep possession or try to pass it to a teammate

It's really strange isn't it. We've just had two entertaining games with 2 good results and we resort back to the boring shit that's failed for most of the season. Why?

As a supporter of Aston Villa iv'e learned if we play for a draw we lose. It was so predictable at 1-0 what was going to happen. I hope you lot at least made a few quid of it. If Vlaar is out for the west ham game, we will get battered physically and we better pray carrol's red is not overturned because we will lose. 

It has really been shown this season that Lambert is out of his depth, everytime we seem to take step forward and play actually decent football with good result, we take two steps back with his inane tactics and selection. I'm starting to wish he'd leave in summer and Lerner + Faulkner would manage to throw the dart at the right name and we'd get competent manager.

Seems Vlaar may now be out with a hamstring strain.

I find it absolute madness that with just three fit centre backs, two of them in Vlaar and Baker prone to injury, that we didn't bring in another CB in January. Even more so when you consider that Lambert likes to play certain games with three at the back.

I really hope our lack of activity in the transfer window doesn't come back to bite us on the arse and cost us. There are gaping holes in the squad that should have been filled and the excuse of injuries won't wash. Although I personally wouldn't blame Lambert for the lack of activity and lack of quality/squad strength. I put that at Lerners door.

5 points ahead of the drop zone now, we really needed reinforcements and January was a perfect time to do so. I believe we will pull through but none of us can be certain, thanks Mr. Lerner, your support is appreciated. clearing in the woods.

It has really been shown this season that Lambert is out of his depth, everytime we seem to take step forward and play actually decent football with good result, we take two steps back with his inane tactics and selection. I'm starting to wish he'd leave in summer and Lerner + Faulkner would manage to throw the dart at the right name and we'd get competent manager.

I wouldn't mind if Faulkner Lambert and Lerner all got on his private jet and set course for the Bermuda triangle if i'm honest

• Like 2

I find it absolute madness that with just three fit centre backs, two of them in Vlaar and Baker prone to injury, that we didn't bring in another CB in January. Even more so when you consider that Lambert likes to play certain games with three at the back.

I really hope our lack of activity in the transfer window doesn't come back to bite us on the arse and cost us. There are gaping holes in the squad that should have been filled and the excuse of injuries won't wash. Although I personally wouldn't blame Lambert for the lack of activity and lack of quality/squad strength. I put that at Lerners door.

Agree - I have been saying this since August. Even at the quoted 90k pw - Lescot until the end of the season would have cost us under £2m.

I really don't see Lambert sticking around unless he gets more backing - mind you with Chairman who was last at Villa Park in December 2012 (14 months ago!!) its not surprising... 

Agree - I have been saying this since August. Even at the quoted 90k pw - Lescot until the end of the season would have cost us under £2m.

I really don't see Lambert sticking around unless he gets more backing - mind you with Chairman who was last at Villa Park in December 2012 (14 months ago!!) its not surprising... 

Wasn't available for loan.

Joleon Lescott @JoleonLescott 21h

A loan move was never on the cards for me it had nothing to do with wages just simply a chance to win 4 trophy's with #City this season

Joleon Lescott @JoleonLescott 21h

I've played enough PL games already to get a medal if we win the league and every minute of the league/FA cup runs should we win them.

Edited by Daniel

We have been acting like a newly promoted side or a much smaller club for too long. We are one of the most established top flight clubs ffs. With Vlaar out we should have adequate cover, Gabby out we should have adequate cover, Delph out we should have adequate cover. You could even say the same with Bertrand now that if he is out the cover is poor.

I have been saying all season you get our first 11 on the pitch week in week out and we'll be fine and finish comfortably mid table. Football doesn't work like that though sadly and you will get injuries/suspensions. Scratch below our fist 11 and in the main the quality is very poor which is why with two or three injuries to our first 11 and we really struggle. For a club of our size and standing it is a disgrace and simply not good enough.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

2 defeats in 6 league games (Everton, Arsenal) yet one poor performance and it is meltdown again. Why do the poor performances always bring out the stronger opinions, 1 bad performance in 5 games, yet fans forgot about the 4 good performances

Sunderland have lost 1 in 9 league games that was against Villa,

Liverpool won 8 from 9 home games the one they did not vs Villa.

• Like 3

5 points ahead of the drop zone now, we really needed reinforcements and January was a perfect time to do so. I believe we will pull through but none of us can be certain, thanks Mr. Lerner, your support is appreciated. clearing in the woods.

Yep and without Vlaar now we could be in trouble, if Carrol wins his appeal he will destroy Clark and Baker, they don't like being bullied.

We also needed midfield reinforcements.

We could be in trouble.

2 defeats in 6 league games (Everton, Arsenal) yet one poor performance and it is meltdown again. Why do the poor performances always bring out the stronger opinions, 1 bad performance in 5 games, yet fans forgot about the 4 good performances

Because it's **** frustating as we all should see that with better tactics we could've nicked win or draw.

1 bad performance in 5 games?

Todays game has been similar to the vast majority of this season. The last two games haven't.

Simple as that really.

• Like 1

We have been acting like a newly promoted side or a much smaller club for too long. We are one of the most established top flight clubs ffs. With Vlaar out we should have adequate cover, Gabby out we should have adequate cover, Delph out we should have adequate cover. You could even say the same with Bertrand now that if he is out the cover is poor.

I have been saying all season you get our first 11 on the pitch week in week out and we'll be fine and finish comfortably mid table. Football doesn't work like that though sadly and you will get injuries/suspensions. Scratch below our fist 11 and in the main the quality is very poor which is why with two or three injuries to our first 11 and we really struggle. For a club of our size and standing it is a disgrace and simply not good enough.

Â