limpid

Played well, and then all of a sudden back to Guzan? WTF is that?

Keeping the ball.
The internets is no place for logic.

Was almost going to let this go, but your ridiculing tone left me with no choice.

We have a good attack going on, with an opportunity to put good pressure on the opposition.

We have the ball at 25 yards from their goal. What do we do? Start passing back down to Guzan who hoofs it to wherever.

How is that a good play? And how is that keeping the ball?

We should keep the ball up, not play it back like chicken. Take a risk, we're losing.

Just a throwaway joke, no offence was intended. Sorry.

N'Zogbia is appalling most of the time, despite his odd moments of positivity he's more often than not poor in possession, making the wrong decisions with the ball at his feet, such as not passing at the right time, holding onto the ball for too long and running down blind alleys. Must be one of the worst signings we've ever made when you consider how much we paid for him. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

I think we have played ok. We seemed to be pressing the ball and winning back possession until the last 10 minutes, don't know why we started to sit back.

I think everyone has played decent. I like Nzogbia, he looks like he can create something.

When in possession, I think we look decent, certainly have the potential to score a goal, we just need a little bit of luck.

Hutton has been great, unfortunately Cissoko doesn't offer the same attacking threat on the left so he hasn't taken advantage of the space he has had.

I would send them out to press high for the first 15 minutes and see if we can get back in it. If still 1-0 (or worse), bring on Weimann for Cissoko, move Richardson to left back and move Nzogbia into the middle.

Cleverely and Hutton have been our best players by far.

Benteke has barely touched the ball and Gabby has been poor.

Richardson isn't good enough to play CM in a decent Premier League side and N'Zogbia is too much hit and miss. I would bring Weimann on at HT and then Sanchez on for Richardson if things don't change.

Played well, and then all of a sudden back to Guzan? WTF is that?

Keeping the ball.
The internets is no place for logic.

Was almost going to let this go, but your ridiculing tone left me with no choice.

We have a good attack going on, with an opportunity to put good pressure on the opposition.

We have the ball at 25 yards from their goal. What do we do? Start passing back down to Guzan who hoofs it to wherever.

How is that a good play? And how is that keeping the ball?

We should keep the ball up, not play it back like chicken. Take a risk, we're losing.

Just a throwaway joke, no offence was intended. Sorry.

Ok mate, no worries.

It feels like because we played 3 games and got hammered we are playing to not get hammered regardless of the opposition

We've been playing like it all season. Hence the lack of possession and shots on target, defend first, attack second.

• Like 2

I think we have played ok. We seemed to be pressing the ball and winning back possession until the last 10 minutes, don't know why we started to sit back.

I think everyone has played decent. I like Nzogbia, he looks like he can create something.

When in possession, I think we look decent, certainly have the potential to score a goal, we just need a little bit of luck.

Hutton has been great, unfortunately Cissoko doesn't offer the same attacking threat on the left so he hasn't taken advantage of the space he has had.

I would send them out to press high for the first 15 minutes and see if we can get back in it. If still 1-0 (or worse), bring on Weimann for Cissoko, move Richardson to left back and move Nzogbia into the middle.

Yeah I agree with this.

One thing I will mention is that when we do get possession, it lasts for a minute or two and then we go back to chasing the game. There is no sustained pressure for us - one or two minutes every 15 is not enough to break a team down.