The Apprentice 2014

andykeenan

with regards to the business plans, Alan Sugar knows what all their plans are already doesn't he, surely this should be kept away from him until the interview process at the end of the program

he could have some absolute dip shit with a great business plan therefore he will be untouchable or you could have a great candidate with a crap business plan who even though they do well through the whole process will get the bullet because Sugar knows he won't make any money out of them, which kind of makes all of the tasks a complete crock of shit

with regards to the business plans, Alan Sugar knows what all their plans are already doesn't he, surely this should be kept away from him until the interview process at the end of the program

he could have some absolute dip shit with a great business plan therefore he will be untouchable or you could have a great candidate with a crap business plan who even though they do well through the whole process will get the bullet because Sugar knows he won't make any money out of them, which kind of makes all of the tasks a complete crock of shit

Don't they submit the rough idea of their plan only and then really give it the meat towards the end of the series ? (usually see a montage of the candidates working on them , though of course it could be faked for TV)   .. I seem to think the final takes place months after the main contest  so maybe he's had time to fully study the business proposals of the final 2 at least

but saying that ,   the other year the minute it came out that  "Tom" was an inventor  in wk 1 or wk 2 and had a few patents it was obvious he would win that series as you could see the £ signs in Sugars eyes  ... I think Tom only won one task and survived the boardroom just about every week   ...

The Relationship Guru board game what a shocker who the hell would buy that. Pamela brought Lauren and Dan bk intro boardroom bit obvious it be them 2 soon as she moaned bout how !much they sold Pamela did create shocking board game has to go

Tonights episode Week 7

Passports packed, the candidates head for the American embassy to get the lowdown on their biggest challenge to date - Lord Sugar wants them to come up with an advertising campaign for a new soft drink - and pitch the results to experts in New York City. But with half the teams having to stay in the UK to create and brand the drinks, a power struggle ensues to get on the plane to the Big Apple.

Because he actually shows some passion and Mark did throw him under the bus. He should have brought Felipe back instead. 

Another reason was that Sugar had heard these rumours of Lauren doing bugger all before and had warned her. He clearly didn't see any potential in her whereas Daniel and Mark have a bit of fire in their belly at the very least.

As always with this show though, all of them are a complete waste of space. It's essentially weeding out the shittest candidate from a group of truly shitty candidates whilst still keeping some of the characters in. Daniel is a character, as is James. The showrunner would bend over backwards to keep people like that in for as long as possible, not that I'm necessarily suggesting it's fixed in any way.

Edited by Ginko

I guess. It's just that the labelling was an absolute joke and was the biggest factor in them losing. Daniel must be the one that has a decent plan on paper that Sugar likes before he gets destroyed in the interviews. He has been utterly shite in everything he has done, and I don't think he's really much of a character anyway.

No, me neither, but he's volatile and aggressive and him and Mark have the biggest rivalry between any of the characters so the showrunners would want to keep that alive for as long as possible.

I'm not sure I agree the labelling was the biggest fault, but then again I actually thought the other team's product was inferior so I was surprised at Sugar's choice. Both adverts were cringe worthy, but the one just had people standing and talking. I mean, they had a pro skater with a skateboard in hand, and he didn't move a muscle, let alone show off some moves. What a wasted opportunity that was. And sticking a young girl under a tree with books and a guitar to show she's a musician and a student, how is that energetic in the slightest? And the entrepreneur too, that was daft.

I think if anyone deserved to go this week it was Bianca. She got the ad completely wrong, their product was shite and her team's pitch wasn't particularly good either.

Because he actually shows some passion and Mark did throw him under the bus. He should have brought Felipe back instead. 

Another reason was that Sugar had heard these rumours of Lauren doing bugger all before and had warned her. He clearly didn't see any potential in her whereas Daniel and Mark have a bit of fire in their belly at the very least.

As always with this show though, all of them are a complete waste of space. It's essentially weeding out the shittest candidate from a group of truly shitty candidates whilst still keeping some of the characters in. Daniel is a character, as is James. The showrunner would bend over backwards to keep people like that in for as long as possible, not that I'm necessarily suggesting it's fixed in any way.

Sugar's actually admitted in interviews he keeps a candidate or two if a)they're reasonably capable and B) they're entertaining for the viewers.

James will survive until the interviews, I think that's obvious.

Nah, not been impressed by Katie, that and her voice and accent makes her sound like a really annoying five-year-old.

I'm not impressed by any of them, but then I wasn't impressed by Leah last year. I think Luisa should have won personally. Haven't seen any of those walk-in lunchtime cosmetic surgery salons popping up, not that I'd been looking. I didn't really like Leah though so that swayed my opinion. That and I don't agree with a lot of cosmetic surgery.

Not sure who I'd back this year, but I wouldn't put my money on James or Daniel.

Ha, that's not show I watch. It always seems like both teams are doing incredibly poorly but they're always deluded and thinking they're doing brilliantly.

Nah. Tonight it was all like

Oohhh the pineapple is a good taste, and they've got a good name, and a good logo, and everyone is getting on and the advert looks like it's better

And

Oohh big dawg is a shit name, and it doesn't taste very nice, and nobody is getting along and their advert is boring

But then big dawg won.

I guess. It's just that the labelling was an absolute joke and was the biggest factor in them losing. Daniel must be the one that has a decent plan on paper that Sugar likes before he gets destroyed in the interviews. He has been utterly shite in everything he has done, and I don't think he's really much of a character anyway.

I've been thinking this as well, but he's like a director of a pub quiz company so not too sure, I loved Mark's quote last night where he said if he'd a pound every time Daniel was talking out his bum he'd have the £250k already. I think Mark is the best candidate but was poor last night but it also didn't help that he'd nothing around him, he basically failed by putting too much faith in people.

Â