Wales' Euro 2016 Qualifying Campaign

bannedfromHandV

I would imagine if it comes down to last game the Welsh players be petrified about **** it up. That would be a 3rd game to qualify plus im sure videos of Paul Bodin be plastered all over the media in run up to the game

For his sake Wales better get through tomorrow :P

**** that - his son now plays for our U21 team.

I remember that day like it was yesterday too so now I feel old as ****.

**** it, party tomorrow :)

Never been a fan of Coleman - didn't like the negativity he put into the side after Speed unlocked us, but he deserves praise for what hes done.

Tuesday night is going to be awesome, I don't think I'll even be watching the game. Been humming Zombie Nation for about 48 hours straight, plus side - its done my misses' head-in.

I accept the results weren't great for a good year but surely the tragic and unforseen situation of losing a manager like that deeply affected the players and messed with their minds, it rarely happens in football fortunately. I think Coleman himself has admitted he tried to do exactly what Speed was doing instead of putting his own mark on the team which he did by replacing Ramsey as captain.

I've always liked Cookie, I thought he did an excellent job at Fulham before he disappered off the radar doing a tour of the Med. Still doubt he asks for much sympathy after pulling Charlotte Jackson!

• 8 months later...

Fancied bringing this topic back to the fore to state, on the cusp of our biggest match in decades, how proud I am of this Welsh team. When I started this topic almost two years ago we were still seen as no-hopers, a one man team at best.

i suspect today will be very difficult and I don't predict a Wales win (maybe at heart but not in the head), but irrespective of that, to be going into this game with a win already on the board is fantastic.

It's been a poignant journey that I doubt many have had to undertake previously, a journey started by the late Gary Speed and continued by his friend Chris Coleman in the wake of his tragic demise.

To see a double European Cup winning Real Madrid star care so fervently for the shirt sums up everything Wales has achieved over the past 4-5 years.

cymru am bath

Edited by bannedfromHandV
  • Like 2

Bale was pretty quiet, they should have done more to get him into the game. Ramsey played very well, though, if that's not a contradiction.

Edited by useless

Â