Wales' Euro 2016 Qualifying Campaign

bannedfromHandV

I thought the FAI were bad, but scheduling domestic games on at the same time as the international side are playing is just plain silly.

Peno for Andorra!

as the singing went tonight "they're old, they're crap, they like to have a nap, Welsh FA! Welsh FA!"

you have to really want to be involved in football to put up with the shower of octogenarian incontinent incompetents that are the Welsh FA

an FA that kicked a player off a plane because there weren't enough seats for all the committee

in Wales defence, that pitch was diabolical and I think other teams will struggle on it as hard to pass and run with the ball. Its no coincidence that team leading the league in Ireland have a similar pitch and gives them a massive advantage when playing at home

i can see the arguement, however there's 3 of those pitches in my town, i play on one of them once a week, a fair few sunday league teams are now playing on them, they knew they would have to play on it so surely put in a few hours training on one of them? it has a shit bounce, but more importantly its ridiculously slow, but same as the old astro or indoor or park pitches its not hard to get your head round it

but wales should beat andorra in the car park playing with a coke can

i think the pitch as an excuse papers over a pretty poor performance

It comes to something when the Welsh boo their team off at half time. It's like they think they have a proper football team.

It comes to something? Is that an expression? I don't think I've ever heard that before. It comes to something.... what does it mean?

It's a fairly regularly used idiom, in these parts at least. "What the **** is it coming to when...?"

Yeah 'what's the world coming to?' That's the expression. 'What's it coming to?', I guess might be ok too, but it's a stretch. 'It comes to something' though? Not for me

I just don't like it. It comes to something when. It just sounds awful.

But fine. It's a thing that people say apparently. I was just wondering. I wish it wasn't.

It comes to something when I'm in a thread about Wales complaining about the use of a well accepted idiom. 

• Like 1

Yeah 'what's the world coming to?' That's the expression. 'What's it coming to?', I guess might be ok too, but it's a stretch. 'It comes to something' though? Not for me

I've heard of "It comes to a pretty pass when..."

"Pass" in this case meaning a photogenic valley that often approaches the hiker in the Alps rather than a caressed side-footed ball forward from the in-step of that gifted central midfielder Aaron Ramsey.

• 4 weeks later...

Certainly pressure on Bosnia to win some games now...if as seems probable they lose twice to Belgium you're looking at them having to win their last 6 games to get 20 points which is usually the barometer for 2nd place.

An opportunity for Wales to get 2nd here in the group but it kind of all falls down with a Charlton reserve like Church being their main striker.

Good result and performance yesterday considering the volume and quality of players out.

Agree entirely though, if we just had a half decent striker we'd be a genuine threat, unfortunately despite it being an upgrade on Church I don't think Vokes fits the bill either

Given how well Vokes did last year for Burnley I'd say he'd be better at holding the ball up and linking up with Bale and the midfielders. It is a weak area without question for Wales, they at least have a decent quantity of premier league standard players in most areas of the pitch now.

they are a very tough team to play and maybe just lack a bit of flair in final 3rd. Gave Ireland a few nightmares in recent years and have beaten teams just as good in last 10-15 years and no longer teh minnows people make them out to be

• Like 1

Â