Wales' Euro 2016 Qualifying Campaign

bannedfromHandV

Not sure if there are many fellow Welshmen on here but being as we now have two of the most in form and skilled midfielders in the World right now and actually have a fair chance, on paper of making it to the Finals I figured we deserved our own thread.

I've been watching Wales all my life, combine that with watching Villa all my life and you'll quickly realise that I have little to no concept of genuine aspiration, or even hope! However, Bale and Ramsey, if fit will be a headache for any team in our group.

Results under Coleman have generally been getting better and even outside of the obvious two we have a core of Premier League players now (Allen, Ledley, Davies, Williams etc).

We're still very light up top which is a major concern and I think the temptation then would be to put Bale up there but he's best when picking the ball up from deep and running at people which if playing as the striker he won't be able to do.

Interested to get others' perspective, both Welsh and non-Welsh :)

Group B
BIH.pngBosnia and Herzegovina
BEL.pngBelgium
ISR.pngIsrael
WAL.pngWales
CYP.pngCyprus
AND.pngAndorra

Bw7WnvzCMAAEBhL.jpg

Look out for the flag tonight!

Due to a hastily re arranged cup game, I'll be watching Town vs Merthyr tonight, but with an eye on the score which you'd like to imagine would be a formality, even on 3G.

I've got tickets for the Cyprus game and might be on a freebie for the Bosnia game.

It isn't beyond the realms of possibility for this campaign to give us a big lift - but I was there for the Romania game all those years ago so I won't be getting too excited too soon.

It comes to something when the Welsh boo their team off at half time. It's like they think they have a proper football team.

It comes to something? Is that an expression? I don't think I've ever heard that before. It comes to something.... what does it mean?

So yeah easy peasey win right there. :huh:  Dear me.

In a funny sort of way tonight's been a really good night for Wales...bare with me. Got the win and Bosnia lost at home to Cyrpus when you imagine that was a banker 3 points for them in the group.

I think Bosnia are a bit overrated tbh, take away Pjanic and the two strikers and it's a limited team so similar if Wales lose Bale or Ramsey.

We saw in the WC when Nigeria ran with pace the Bosnia defence is shite and they really should've sacked their coach but he's stayed on for some reason.

Wales could nick 2nd but my word they need to play a fair bit better than tonight.

It comes to something when the Welsh boo their team off at half time. It's like they think they have a proper football team.

It comes to something? Is that an expression? I don't think I've ever heard that before. It comes to something.... what does it mean?

It's a fairly regularly used idiom, in these parts at least. "What the **** is it coming to when...?"

Edited by Davkaus

Â