Euro 2016 General Chat

MrDuck

Just now, BOF said:

Do or die for Wales now.  Lose to Russia and you're probably out.

Russia are abysmal so think Wales will be o.k in that one with Bale's pace in final third.

If Hamsik can run rings round their midfield he will have an influence. 

Just now, VillaChris said:

Russia are abysmal so think Wales will be o.k in that one with Bale's pace in final third.

If Hamsik can run rings round their midfield he will have an influence. 

Maybe.  There is a psychology to a final group game that is unique though.  I wouldn't be surprised by any result in that game.  Russia will go in thinking 'how the hell are we still in this competition' and might grab it with both hands. 

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Alli was disgraceful, total hype job, needs to be dropped, Sterling should never wear an England shirt again either. Kane also has to be dropped.

:crylaugh:

It's not like you to overreact :D

• Like 2

I was relieved when Sturridge scored for England, but I do feel sorry for Wales, hope they can get through with England.

Edited by useless
Well I don't actually care too much, to be honest.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Maybe.  There is a psychology to a final group game that is unique though.  I wouldn't be surprised by any result in that game.  Russia will go in thinking 'how the hell are we still in this competition' and might grab it with both hands. 

Even if Wales lose, they finish above Slovaks don't they if England beat them? I assume it's head to head on level points.

Fair play to Roy, made the right decisions at half time. 

Sterling has to be dropped for good now though. Not really sure why he's in the team in the first place given the season he's just had.

Just now, useless said:

I was relieved when Sturridge scored for England, but I do feel sorry for Wales, hope they can get through with England.

I'd feel sorry for them if they hadn't been shooting their mouth all week about how amazing they are.

**** 'em.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

The front players have a future.  Need to find up an coming defense now, This back 4 will always lose us competitions. Germany, Italy, Spain will stuff us.

Depends which ones you're talking about. 

I think Kane will end up like Andy Cole, excellent at club level, shite at international level. Sturridge simply has to play, best striker England have by a country mile.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Even if Wales lose, they finish above Slovaks don't they if England beat them? I assume it's head to head on level points.

Not sure about tiebreakers tbh.  I was working off goal difference when I said probably out.

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Sterling has to be dropped for good now though. Not really sure why he's in the team in the first place given the season he's just had.

I imagine Sterling and Kane will both be on the bench for the next game.

it's what I said before the game. Show a bit of faith in the players, if they don't deliver replace them and let the subs have their chance.

They grasped their chance with both hands. 

I reckon we'll start the next game as we finished this one, with the exception of Lallana back in for Rashford.

Â