Euro 2016 General Chat

MrDuck

This is where I don't get the overhyping...yes good win for England but it was last minute, not 2-0/3-0.

Saying Rooney gave a masterclass in midfield...Iniesta gave a masterclass.

I very much doubt Rooney will be doing this against Germany and Spain midfield. His passing is hit and miss for a start from deep.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Even if Wales lose, they finish above Slovaks don't they if England beat them? I assume it's head to head on level points.

From here:

Essentially head-to-head records between 2 teams.

This is where I don't get the overhyping...yes good win for England but it was last minute, not 2-0/3-0.

I very much doubt Rooney will be doing this against Germany and Spain midfield. His passing is hit and miss for a start from deep.

Who has said Rooney gave a masterclass?

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

England lose as soon as they play a good team.

Shearer and Ferdinand.

Rooney wasn't England motm today.

Fair enough, I didn't watch the analysis.

I'd agree with useless. I wouldn't say it was a Masterclass but I do think he played well in both games.

It will be the same as ever though with Rooney in international tournaments...he'll play o.k against the weaker teams e.g. scores v Ukraine in last euros and then barely does anything v Italy and then press will hammer him.

I actually want England to do well in this tournament as I like Woy and think this is a very balanced squad but some perspective would be good, Rooney was alright nothing more nothing less.

3 minutes ago, penguin said:

Ramsey put a shift in but Walker and Sturridge more worthy candidates for MOTM.

Aside from the goal Sturridge was in kid in playground mode shooting everytime and not passing. Still when fit his goal record is excellent so you have to accept that.

Just think Dier is excellent, reads it so well at DM. England haven't had that type since Hargreaves. 

Walker and Ramsey were MOTM for each team for me.  Like I said Sturridge is our best striker and most effective when fit. He can play any position attacking wise and make something happen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Aside from the goal Sturridge was in kid in playground mode shooting everytime and not passing. Still when fit his goal record is excellent so you have to accept that.

Just think Dier is excellent, reads it so well at DM. England haven't had that type since Hargreaves. 

He was but his positivity helped change the game, also 99% sure he put the cross in Vardy scored from (if not I will take back my endorsement for MOTM).

Agree about Dier, great knack of getting to the ball just before the opponent. Reads the game remarkably well for such a young player and great positional discipline.

Walker outstanding again.

Thought we were worse than we were against Russia. Dier, Alli, Lallana weren't as good as they were in the opener. Rooney good, but not great. Sterling shit again. For all the talk about us defensively, I thought we were fine. Bale scored another goal on a goalkeeping error, but did about as much as I did otherwise.

I don't particularly care about Wales, but the arrogance and talk of their fans and players this past week was a bit pointless and disrespectful.

England won every 50/50. Our fans filled 90% of the stadium and it was nice to hear the national anthem at 1-0 down. We kept going and going and going until the end. Very proud.

• Like 2

No Lafferty for Norn Iron today...

got to think it's the end of the road for them today. Can see Ukraine winning 2-0.

Interesting they've gone to flat back 4 as the Ukraine wide men would've loved the space the 3-5-2 would've offered. 

48 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Some of his passing leaves a little bit to be desired though! Walker MOTM for me but Vardy and Sturridge made a huge difference obviously just by scoring. Rooney ok, I thought Ali was better.

Â