England v Norway

andykeenan

People are banging on about Wayne Rooney right now on the internet breaking Charlton's record and how well he has done to score 41 International goals, Charlton had 49 and Rooney isn't far behind!

But how many of those have been penalties, or against San Marino and other **** shite in one sided games or boring meaningless friendlies?? Least Charlton, Shearer, Lineker all did it consistantly in proper Euro Championships or World Cups!! 

Edited by Villan4Life

He's just awful. He just doesn't seem to have any hunger for the game anymore. The fact he's now England captain is laughable. Reminds me of Heskey in the twilight of his career.

People are banging on about Wayne Rooney right now on the internet breaking Charlton's record and how well he has done to score 42 International goals, Charlton had 49 and Rooney isn't far behind!

But how many of those have been penalties, or against San Marino and other **** shite in one sided games or boring meaningless friendlies?? Least Charlton, Shearer, Linekar all did it consistantly in proper Euro Championships or World Cups!! 

2 of his goals for England have been penalties, including tonight.  

29 have been in competitive internationals, 12 in Friendlies. 

3 have been against San Marino. 

Oh, and it's Lineker.  

• Like 4

Sturridge hasn't got the right attitude to lead the line for England. His greediness on the ball and decision making are shocking.

He also has a habit of wasting valuable chances by either cutting the wrong way or generally overcomplicating something and then playing for the free kick when it doesn't come off. He pulled that countless times in the World Cup and it infuriates me, totally kills the attacking momentum.

Sturridge hasn't got the right attitude to lead the line for England. His greediness on the ball and decision making are shocking.

He also has a habit of wasting valuable chances by either cutting the wrong way or generally overcomplicating something and then playing for the free kick when it doesn't come off. He pulled that countless times in the World Cup and it infuriates me, totally kills the attacking momentum.

As long as he can be the main man then nothing else matters. Can't stand this current England squad, manager included.

As long as he can be the main man then nothing else matters. Can't stand this current England squad, manager included.
Don't particularly dislike Roy, he's just a middle the road British manager stuck with an impossible job. He's by no means a solution but i would't say he's necessarily the problem either. Like you say, the squad has to take a lot of the blame, even more so the FA, the media, and the cultural arrogance that goes with English football generally.

Thing is, I don't ever see us having the kind of overhaul the Germans did because a )that kind of radical approach is almost a taboo to us, and b ) it might affect the vested interests that now basically own the Premier League.

Edited by B94villa

Â