England v Norway

andykeenan

There was a good piece in the Times yesterday. Apparently on the opening day of 1997 prem season Norway had 27 players starting in the premier league.

Now they have 1 player starting Hangeland and he's retired.

Looking at their current squad they have some o.k defenders like Havard Nordveit but not a long of excitment going forward.

There was a good piece in the Times yesterday. Apparently on the opening day of 1997 prem season Norway had 27 players starting in the premier league.

Looking at their current squad they have some o.k defenders like Havard Nordveit but not a long of excitment going forward.

I bet Sweden and Denmark won't be far behind, both down to 2 players in the prem

Not sure what's happened to scandanavian football but it's gone to shit, when zlatan retires in 2 years there'll be eriksen as the only real quality player out of all the scandanavian countries

Yeah I did a thread on this a few weeks back, it's just a poor generation for Scandanavian football atm compared to the golden age of the 90s when they were all producing so much quality and doing great stuff at major tournaments.

Probably the best of them in shape at the moment is Iceland. Can't remember what sort of group they're in but wouldn't shock me if they make euro 2016.

I bet Sweden and Denmark won't be far behind, both down to 2 players in the prem

Not sure what's happened to scandanavian football but it's gone to shit, when zlatan retires in 2 years there'll be eriksen as the only real quality player out of all the scandanavian countries

Ahem..

Okore.. -_-

I'm the same as Trent. I don't care about this at all.

Its ridiculous to have international friendlies 3 weeks into a domestic season so soon after an international tournament.

• Like 3

I promise England will win easy. There is a shift going on right now but there is still a lot of bad players that remain. It's also naive to think that every promising talent here will break through to the big stage so I am not overly optimistic about the future either.

Probably gonna tune in as I wanna see delph get his debut

Norway's team look terrible. I recognize Nordtveit from Football manager, and Daehlie from cardiff. Otherwise i can't say i recognize very many.

Vegard Forren was at Southampton also but didn't play a game!! We was linked with Nordveit two seasons ago!!

Edited by Villan4Life

4-4-fecking-2?!  It's like the last 4 years of footballing development never happened.

Hart

Stones / Jones / Cahill / Baines

Sterling / Wilshere / Mrs Henderson Presents.. / Chamberlain

Sturridge / Rooney.

Though BBC show it as a 4-3-3 with Rooney most definitely not deserting his wide play in order to play the all-action-hero tonight.

We'll see, shall sit and suffer through this - though whoever decided to charge £30 a ticket needs seeing to.  Also, Monday night internationals to follow this?  Plantini can go choke on his Camembert.

Â