Takeover

omariqy

PDC the main mod on TBAR has said that a bid has been accepted. No more news yet but he said he is 100% sure the info is right and will shoot himself if it isn't true. Hmmmmm

Edit: just seen it's being discussed already. Apologies

Edited by omariqy

If a bid has been accepted, it is doubtfull that it would go through before the end of the transfer window

People should also realise that just because we're going to have new owners doesn't mean to say that we will be raiding Barcelona, Real Madrid & PSG for players.

Not sure why a discussion about a potential takeover should be locked either? It has to be better reading than  most of the rubbish posted on here surely?

• Like 1

Interesting that the only business we were doing all summer was frees...until back to back 4 year money deals.

That could quite easily be Lerner realising (Yes I know its unlikely) that if we don't improve the squad his chances of selling a Championship club are even smaller than they are now.

Interesting that the only business we were doing all summer was frees...until back to back 4 year deals. 

I agree. Cissokho and Sanchez are a level of quality above what we have been signing in the last two years. I see most people are interpreting that as Lerner showing some intent but I have my doubts. 

Interesting that the only business we were doing all summer was frees...until back to back 4 year deals.

I agree. Cissokho and Sanchez are a level of quality above what we have been signing in the last two years. I see most people are interpreting that as Lerner showing some intent but I have my doubts.

Is it much different from signing benteke, kozak or Vlaar? All similar amounts to the last two

Is it much different from signing benteke, kozak or Vlaar? All similar amounts to the last two

We're talking about this summer though, where up until Cissokho and Sanchez it was all frees.

Lerner specifically released a statement saying it was business as usual. If there is no buyer then it makes sense that he'll sanction a few signings to ensure surivival for another season. I wouldn't read too much into it myself.

Good point.