Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

1ba360557d1406a9b0630936d98b8ed8_normal.Diego Rueda @diegonoticia · 8m
José Sepulcre, presidente del Elche, confirmó en Caracol Radio que solo falta la firma para que Carlos Sánchez sea jugador del Aston Villa

President of Elche has told Caracol (Colombia radio) that the only thing missing is Carlos' signature. Given the news I posted earlier, would seem that Villa must have agreed to trigger the release clause, as Sepulcre was holding out according to Marca.  

(Haven't been able to find the audio of the interview, but Rueda is one of Colombia's better known futbol media personalities and a host on Caracol itself)

Edited by ryu.yokoi

Yep medical postponed struggling to agree the deal with the player. It's all done with the club, medical was meant to be at 7 then sorted. Have a feeling Lambert may delay this until after the stoke game now, wants to focus on stoke

Only reason I sign out is because I'm on my phone and it's difficult to read this site when I'm signed in!

Yep medical postponed struggling to agree the deal with the player. It's all done with the club, medical was meant to be at 7 then sorted. Have a feeling Lambert may delay this until after the stoke game now, wants to focus on stoke

Only reason I sign out is because I'm on my phone and it's difficult to read this site when I'm signed in!

This doesn't make much sense, why would he delay it over letting the people charged with the task of getting players into the club do their job? 

All football managers do is identify the players they want based on their budgets and then perhaps have a chat with the prospective signing, Lambert isn't the one doing the medical, drawing up the contract and sitting there as the player signs it.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 3

Bullshit. You don't organise a medical until personal terms are agreed.

Total nonsense. Source?

More guff from Marca

EFE 04/08/14 - 14:46.

Elche sporting director Victor Orta said at a press conference that, at this time "offers have been diluted" by the Colombian international Carlos Sanchez, who will join in training on Tuesday.

"There has been interest from some teams, but no offers, that has been diluted over time. Returns very committed to Elche and eager to start working," said Orta.

For the manager of Elche, Sanchez "has to be one of the reference leaders both in the locker room as the field and have greatly diminished options to leave. Neither the player nor his representative have told us they want to leave, although both of them as we moved we have interest from other clubs.'ve talked to him and so I have clear his commitment, "he added.

However, Orta recognized that the sports commission Elche has moved into the market to "have a spare" in the event that the Colombian midfielder leave.

With regard to the situation of the template with the four porters, Prsemyslaw Tyton, Manu Herrera, Toño Rodriguez and Diego Rivas, Orta said that "having four goalkeepers is fashionable and big club", although they are looking out for the last two.

Â