Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

Booked ours at the IMAX in Notts but they must have messed up their figures. They were selling tickets for £3.80 each. We snapped up five and printed them out at lunch :D

Just booked mine at Broad St IMAX for the 17th :D

I've never even seen a film at an IMAX cinema before, no idea how different it will be.

thats where i go, the picture is ok IMO depending on if its 3D or not, i think that the glasses take the edge off the colours anyway so 3D imax isnt always worth the money but the sound is miles better

i'll be watching spectre in IMAX too, did watch some of the marvel films in it but they werent worth the money, saw the trailer for the walk and that looked like it would be better in it

Any idea when the new trailer is due? 

it'll be early in the morning here.  It's being shown at half time in the NFL game tonight, making UK time about 1.15am.

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 1

it'll be early in the morning here.  It's being shown at half time in the NFL game tonight, making UK time about 1.15am.

Giants @ Eagles won't even kick off till 1.30 am . Halftime will be around 3ish.    Just in case anyone was going to wait up.

Giants @ Eagles won't even kick off till 1.30 am . Halftime will be around 3ish.    Just in case anyone was going to wait up.

True, went off the kick off target than half time, d'oh.

Might finally get to see just how many Bothans actually died whilst getting those Death Start plans .

They have been milking that sacrifice for years.

If we were going to find that out wouldn't we have done so in Episodes 1-3? We've blown up a second Death Star since. 

:D

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 1

Just booked mine at Broad St IMAX for the 17th :D

I've never even seen a film at an IMAX cinema before, no idea how different it will be.

It's amazing if it's a film made for IMAX

I remember when I saw Dark Knight at IMAX. That was my first experience of it. Amazing.

It looks great but then its a JJ film so it was always going to. 

I just hope he gets more depth into the film than he managed with the two Star Trek re-boots. 

I'm excited. 

It's an interesting trailer. It has the look, and moreover takes that look and makes it supremely slick and modern so it has that awe factor. 

It's interesting to me, as someone who isn't a massive Star Wars fan, that it's a very traditional trailer and that's a double edged sword. On the one hand it's a true old fashioned trailer, giving away very little but showing just enough without context to get you interested. Which is refreshing. But on the other hand today's trailers tend to basically be the movie in 2 minutes, particularly 'release' and 'final' trailers, which this obviously doesn't do and as a consequence I can see a lot of people finding that a little disappointing as a hype piece.

I'll be seeing it , first time anything Star Wars has particularly piqued my interest. Eames is right to temper any hype though. JJ Abrams is very good at style (and more so aping style and convention) but he isn't a guaranteed knock it out of the park director, and the rumours of the plot for this don't paint the picture of a classic necessarily.

• Like 1

Â