Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

Have they given it a rating yet? My nearly 4 year old daughter adores the 6 movies (she's made me put on Episode IV as I type this :lol: - I've brought her up well) but I get the feeling these are going to be a little darker than the previous movies so I'm not sure whether this will be a step too far.

Guess I'll have to decide when I see it first.

It'll be a 12A at most I'd say but probably PG. Don't think Disney would ever release a 15 rated film.

i always find it interesting that despite obviously being there when it was filmed they have no real idea as to how it will look on the big screen, especially because of the special effects, id be the same, what a moment

i do like the story (even if it is probably bullshit) about mcgregor having to reshoot some scenes from phantom menace because there was a strange sound... which they later worked out was him making lightsaber sound effects

finn minor spoiler from piecing all the footage together - 

if you watch the comic con footage showing poe as a prisoner and then the new trailer footage of him being tortured, we know he gets captured, if you watch the new trailer there's a weird exchange between him and finn, maybe because finn is wearing poe's jacket! the scene where finn is overlooking jakka with a jacket in hand, when he's done a runner he's taken poe's clothes, from that you can work out a rough sequencing from the film 

i think it will open with a shuttle full of storm troopers doing a landing, attack a camp site, the scene with all the fire etc capture poe, go back, finn comes to the realisation it aint for him anymore (when he takes of his helmet its got blood wiped down it) steals a tie fighter, escapes, crashes on jakka, gets in to trouble, gets picked up by Han, goes to see that pirate on the jungle planet, huge battle, then they go to the starkiller base for the big fight in the snow, finn fights kylo ren, one of the old characters dies saving him because he's not a jedi and getting his ass handed to him - the only thing i cant work out is where the lightsaber comes in to it, probably from the pirate

that quotas been filled...

there are rumours of a cameo, if one of the big rumours is true then i think he'll be written out of it as part of that

the MF flying around jakku is being piloted by rey, her and finn find it amongst the ruins whilst on the run and use it to escape, they find Han rather than the other way round, if thats the case i think they'll write it as lando crashing it

I really like the idea of Luke being the bad guy, and it makes a lot of sense really. It would mirror Anakin.

Based on the prequels, it's pretty clear that Anakin isn't a Sith cultist like Sidious or Maul, he's more of a patriot of the republic who identified/was taught that the Jedi council was "ivory tower" out of touch and not really compatible with genuine democracy. He clashed with them repeatedly and his closest non-Jedi friends were very pro-republic. He turned to the dark side purely to try to save Padme and became corrupted by it. It's also why he was able to save Luke at the end of ROTJ. He's a Sith by circumstance and a bit of a push from Sidious.

Luke, similarly, gave in to the hate to save his friends and the Alliance. He took the lightsaber and had a pretty epic battle with dad. While not as dramatic as Anakin's fall (ie. there was no brutal slaying of either sand people or padawans), he definitely gave in. Unlike Anakin, there was nobody there at the end of ROTJ that gave him the push he required to go the whole way. If Anakin was a genuine Sith cultist and say, survived that lightsaber battle uninjured, it's logical that he would have turned Luke then and there, just as Sidious did to him.

While that didn't happen, the seed was planted, and it wouldn't be a surprise at all to see Luke as pretty much full blown dark side. In that 40 odd years, other issues would have come up that would have been easier to deal with using the dark side, and the ball is already rolling. He wouldn't be a Sith as such, but he's not a Jedi in the way we have come to understand the Jedi.

I don't believe they'll actually do it because it's a Disney franchise and they don't want a generation of kids growing up seeing Luke as a bad guy, but it would be cool and it would follow on really well from the events of the first trilogy.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched it earlier, looks amazing and nice to see more of bb-8 as a character instead of a toy.

I'm convinced Rey and Kylo are siblings and are han and leia's sprogs.

Edited by Ingram85

Â