Match Thread

theboyangel

Well today's the day our preseason friendly fixtures kick-off!

The game will be streamed live on AVTV for those who subscribe (and subject themselves to Capt Jack Woodplank's amazing commentary!)

From what Lambert has muted, we have everyone available, barring the World Cup players and our two injured strikers Kozak and Benteke.

Jack Grealish also tweeted, despite playing last night is involved in tonights fixture too (I also expect to see Donacien and Robinson).

Typically, I reckon (as today's match 'will be all about fitness') we'll see a different Villa XI each half.

I wonder if Lambert will start with what he considers his strongest XI or really jumble the players up?

For me,

First Half

...................Given

Lowton.Okore.Clark.Richardson

.........Westwood.Delph

Bacuna.......Cole..........N'Zogbia

.................Gabby

Second Half

...............Ned Steer

Hutton.Donacien.Baker.Bennett (what a beauty back 4!)

..Tonev.KEA.Gardner.Grealish

............Bent.Weimann

Bizarrely excited about the match, mainly due to actually have something other than our current 'doomed' status to discuss and talk about!

• Like 3

Im quite positive actually. I think we can win.

Ill go for 3-2 Villa ;)

In all seriousness.. we do seem to have a decent squad on paper. I think we will go well this season. One or two more additions.. ideally in midfield will do the trick.

Looking forward to seeing our new recruits, notably Joe Cole.

Yep I agree, although we are against weaker opposition we should still be able to see his technical ability.

Look forward to seeing Jack as well!

Good to have something other than the sale of the club to think about!

Exactly mate, watch us go and lose now :D

I think a scrappy 2-1 win, followed by moaning, counteracted with 'it's only a friendly and we still won', followed by some more moaning.

I think I've been here too long. 

1st half team v Mansfield: Given Lowton Okore Clark Bennett Bacuna Carruthers Delph Tonev Cole Agbonlahor

2nd half team: Steer Herd Westwood Baker Hutton El Ahmadi Gardner Richardson N'Zogbia Bent Weimann subs Grealish Stevens

Looks like 4-4-1-1 for the 1st half and god knows what 2nd half!!!!

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

Â