Match Thread

theboyangel

Overall not a bad performance for a first pre-season game. 

Decent movement in most places and some players looking sharper than others. 

It is great to see Darren Bent back in a Villa shirt and scoring goals. He positional play in the 18 yard box was top drawer and he looked hungry for goals. 

Weimann playing up top with him looked good as well. He is obviously more comfortable playing there. 

Zogbia needs to shed a bit of timber ha ha ha but looked ok. 

Hutton did one or two good things but I am not going to be convinced that he is a better choice that Lowton over the season. 

Richardson surprised me. His energy levels were immense and he never stopped. Also looked a better player than I had ever given him credit for. 

Clark and Baker worry me a bit though against big lumps of centre forwards so lets hope Vlaar and Okore stay fit (or with the club in the former's case).

Bennett didnt do anything although I do hope he gets a chance this year and the fans dont destroy his confidence after his first mistake (he will make one!)

Did Tonev play ??? Must of missed that !

Great to see Gardner back as well. He looked good but needs a few games at prem level to get his sharpness back. 

It was a shame Jack G didnt get on but 2 games in 2 days might be too much just now I guess. 

Overall though like I said, a decent enough first game for pre season. Decent beer in the Talbot Pub just up the road as well. 

Cheers Mansfield. It was emotional! 

PS. Mansfield Bus Station - If you dont want people walking on the road where the buses are then put a bloody path there and not a little hitler with a high vis jacket !!! 

• Like 1

Â