Match Thread

theboyangel

well, first half over and we're 1 nil down.

in all fairness we haven't looked too bad but lack sharpness (understandably as its first game back) up front. Both Bacuna and Bennett have missed good opportunities.

Half time ratings:

Given: 6 - looked a little flappy with some crosses.

Lowton: 6 - joined in the attacks well but nothing special at the back

Okore: 7 - looked very good IMO

Clark: 6 - not too bad

Bennett: 6 - a bit like Lowton, fairly good going forward but still lacks defensive nous

Delph: 7 - controlled a lot of the game, drove at the opposition given any chance

Carruthers: 5 - a bit lightweight and gave the ball away in poor positions too often

Bacuna: 7 - ran the wing well, put a few decent balls in but missed a very good chance

Tonev: 7 - like Bacuna, did well on the wing, spread play well and linked up well with Cole

Cole: 7 - looked sharp, confident and did well trying to get things going up front

Gabby: 5 - I know he was up top on his own but didn't look too fussed at all tonight.

Hopefully the 2nd half will see us bag a goal or two - not convinced by the back 3 of Westwood, Herd and Baker (calamitous springs to mind!)

• Like 1

Awful half, will be another long season to fight to avoid relegation.

But like Lambert says "We go again" :)

Are you actually kidding me? 45 minutes into our first pre season game?! You might be right in the long run but bloody hell have some patience!

I just think our players looked poor, i agree result doesn't matter, but it would be nice to see some kind of promise. Okore and Cole looked ok though

Okore, Cole and Delph all looked good. I don't think having Bacuna and Tonev switch wings worked but that doesn't mean it will never work. Thought Carruthers didn't look great but he's been out a considerable while. Gabby wasn't his best. Let's see what the second half brings.

Â