Last 16: Saturday 28th BRZ CHI COL URU

limpid

I like that the commentator is actually saying James instead of hames.

I know its the wrong pronunciation but commentators trying to pronounce foreign names pisses me off.

And Adrian chiles does his version just as I finish this. Ugh gtfo my telly

So Thierry Henry should have been pronounced 'Henry'? (as in Lenny)

Yes. 'Theory Henry'

Pity Rodríguez went to a shitty club like Monaco.

yeah i bet he's hating the high tax rate and the lifestyle... should have joined a manchester club

small heath get bigger crowds. He'll be out of there along with Falcao soon enough.

depends, the main rumours for him are moves to napoli, utd and spurs, think he's shown himself to be a bit beyond that

the other thing then is who monaco go out and buy, they've already got the manager, ex sporting manager jardim, which surprises me i thought they'd go bigger (yakin, but he went to moscow) they havent signed anyone yet but they will, maybe valdes, no doubt a couple of big names, they will build a team around him and wont want to sell, i'd imagine they'd slap a £60m price tag on him

Speaking of Yanks I thought I heard a commentator call the second half the 'second stanza.'

You're sure they weren't talking about one of the anthems? We say half here, even the annoying US commentators who insist on calling fullbacks "outside backs."

Speaking of Yanks I thought I heard a commentator call the second half the 'second stanza.'

You're sure they weren't talking about one of the anthems? We say half here, even the annoying US commentators who insist on calling fullbacks "outside backs."

I'm pretty sure he meant half.

I've abandoned Chile and joined the Colombia bandwagon.

I genuinely wonder if Falcao would get into this team at the moment.  He's better individually than most of the team but they just have exquisite balance as they are. 

• Like 1