Last 16: Saturday 28th BRZ CHI COL URU

limpid

What nerves Neymar under all that pressure. Hats off to him. Glad Brazil are through. The tournament needs them.

The tournament does not need them. Infact, I think the tournament would get better without Brazil in it.

What nerves Neymar under all that pressure. Hats off to him. Glad Brazil are through. The tournament needs them.

The tournament does not need them. Infact, I think the tournament would get better without Brazil in it.

How, explain.

Brazil fully deserved to get through, they were the only team looking to win in the second half and extra time. Chile contributed to a wonderful first half of football but got more negative as the game went on. 

**** off, Brazil. Neymar should be forced to retake that penalty.

Yep, you are not allowed to stop during your run up, but Brazil get favoured by the ref's yet again.

Oh, stop.  They had a penalty shout turned down, and a very close hand ball called.  Further, here is the new rule: "Feinting in the run-up to take a penalty kick to confuse opponents is permitted, however, if in the opinion of the referee the feinting is considered an act of unsporting behaviour the player shall be cautioned."

**** off, Brazil. Neymar should be forced to retake that penalty.

Yep, you are not allowed to stop during your run up, but Brazil get favoured by the ref's yet again.

Oh, stop.  They had a penalty shout turned down, and a very close hand ball called.  Further, here is the new rule: "Feinting in the run-up to take a penalty kick to confuse opponents is permitted, however, if in the opinion of the referee the feinting is considered an act of unsporting behaviour the player shall be cautioned."

That's what I thought. Stopping is banned, but stuttering / feinting is ok. If you look at the penalty, Neymar didn't actually stop still, he was still moving, just very slowly! 

• Like 1

Brazil fully deserved to get through, they were the only team looking to win in the second half and extra time. Chile contributed to a wonderful first half of football but got more negative as the game went on. 

I thought Chile came closest in ET with that shot thundered onto the bar.

I thought Chile came closest in ET with that shot thundered onto the bar.

That was the exception that proved the rule!  ;)  It would have been very harsh on Brazil if they had been eliminated. I'm not knocking Chile, they set their stall out and it very nearly worked, but today was a victory for positive football. Its a shame though, because if Chile had played like they did in the first half they may have have beaten Brazil anyway

Anyway, come on Colombia!