The Wedding Thread

NurembergVillan

Awesome mate! Share the rest when you get them.

A question though - are you taller than 8pints?!

Haha not sure how tall he is but I'm vertically superior to a lot of men. The wife did have to put a pair of high heels on for the wedding day.

I'm 4ft10 

That's why no one ever sees you at the Holte Suite

• Like 1

I love shooting weddings. So much action, lovely moments and joyful people to photograph. I usually have a grin on my face from morning til night. Some tasters from my last wedding job below. That's on the west coast of Norway, really beautiful this time of the year.  Wouldn't mind going to Tuscany, Santorini, or somewhere like that if anyone wants to give me ticket ;)

Kollasje_liten2-1024x682.jpg

DSC_1861-1024x682.jpg

DSC_2053-1024x683.jpg

• Like 2

Haha not sure how tall he is but I'm vertically superior to a lot of men. The wife did have to put a pair of high heels on for the wedding day.

I'm 6ft10 

Crikey. If you don't mind me asking - how big is your old fella ?   :-)

• Like 1

I'm 6ft10 

He's only 5ft8.

Does anyone want to marry me?

VA might get jealous...

Well, I'm not waiting him to propose.

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 2

I'm 6ft10 

Does the answer to that question, depend on your answer to 8pints?

• Like 1

The basis of a nightmarish Asimov style novella. :)

I've found the vows.

“Tell me why the stars do shine,

Tell me why the ivy twines,

Tell me what makes skies so blue,

And I'll tell you why I love you.

Nuclear fusion makes stars to shine,

Tropisms make the ivy twine,

Raleigh scattering make skies so blue,

Testicular hormones are why I love you. ” 

• Like 1

Tarjei those final two pics are fantastic. I was quite against the whole posing for pictures leading up and during the day but they really are worth it once you get them back. They help deal with the wedding day blues after.

What's the wedding day blues? Like coming down from a good high, back to reality type reaction? Never really considered that, but that would perhaps explain why so many are desperate to get them back quickly.

I'm very critical of my own pictures, so I kinda dread giving them back, but I try to get it done within 3-4 weeks of the wedding... maybe i should make a point of doing it quicker? I like leaving them for a while, "forgetting" them and revisiting it with fresh eyes though. I also make a video capturing the day, so though I love the wedding day, the work that comes after is not something I cheerish.

I thought the wedding day blues was a myth but I have to say a couple of days after it I was on a right downer. Just the fact something you've planned and looked forward to for so long is now over. I don't think it helped getting married abroad, we stopped at a venue with around 40 family members and a few days after the wedding everyone had gone their separate ways and we we're just in this huge venue on our own.

I think its good leaving it a few weeks with pictures. I know I'm really looking forward to seeing mine and the wait is adding to that.

You shouldn't worry about showing them they're very good. I'd love to be able to see a picture in my head and then capture it like you can.

Â