The Wedding Thread

NurembergVillan

We got married in Paphos, Cyprus. 35 people came and it was an enjoyable, chilled out affair. I had no nerves apart from the speech I had to make for 2 minutes.

Hot weather, no rain, nice scenery, and you don't have to invite people you don't want to invite. I'd recommend getting married abroad.

• Like 1

Is £500 enough to get a decent ring? The one she pointed out was £300 but I'm not falling for the trap and would like to get a nicer one but I don't earn enough to justify spending £1k plus, especially as we are saving towards a holiday and a deposit on a house.

And yes, we are planning a wedding. It is going to be really small though. Still very expensive :-/

Where are you getting married?  Nothing can prepare you for the expense.  It's relentless too.  When you think you're ready and it's all paid for something else pops up.

Well done mate. I got married in Rhodes 3 years ago. I would definitely recommend getting married abroad. You get so much more for your money and the sunshine is a given. I love the Greek islands and Santorini is on my list .:-)

Cheers mate.  The islands are phenomenal.  Didn't see much of Santorini though as we were so busy.

Looks an amazing do fella, the day itself crept up really quickly since you first started telling me about it a year or so ago!

How long until you and the lovely Mrs NV decamp to the colonies?

It came around so fast!  I've got 5 weeks left of Blighty and then it's the big move.  At least I'm not working during the World Cup...

Congrats that looks great. I got married in Tuscany a couple of weeks ago and I'd echo the statement about having a wedding abroad. We had a get together the day before and then a BBQ the day after so it was great to see everybody for more than just the day. Most of my family used it as an excuse to have a holiday so it was nice to hear what they got up to when they left us.

I have to say I never realised how much work went into sorting out a wedding and although I don't really like being the centre of attention I had a fantastic day. It just goes so quick.

I'd post a pic but not entirely sure how to do it.

Oh and can't wait for the honeymoom. Off to Vegas, mexico and New York in 5 weeks time.

Congrats!  We thought it'd be easy to see everyone whilst we were away but folks were in different resorts so it meant a lot of chasing about in the end.  Honeymoon sounds great.  There are some good tips in the travel section on here about NY and Vegas.

To post a pic go to tinypic.com and upload it there, then you can use the link from there to post it on here.

We got married in Paphos, Cyprus. 35 people came and it was an enjoyable, chilled out affair. I had no nerves apart from the speech I had to make for 2 minutes.

Hot weather, no rain, nice scenery, and you don't have to invite people you don't want to invite. I'd recommend getting married abroad.

Definitely agree with that part.  Made it a lot easier to draw up the guest list!

Is £500 enough to get a decent ring? The one she pointed out was £300 but I'm not falling for the trap and would like to get a nicer one but I don't earn enough to justify spending £1k plus, especially as we are saving towards a holiday and a deposit on a house.

Wedding ring or engagement ring?  With engagement rings you can keep shopping up and up and up.  It's frightening.  There's becoming more of a trend away from diamonds now because of the price.  My friend Rebecca runs a website selling moissanite jewellery which is a very affordable alternative to diamonds.  For less than £500 you'll get something spectacular looking and most people would guess at it being a diamond - https://allmein.co.uk/

The best thing to do is go and speak to people in the jewellery quarter. I learnt so much about diamonds and different styles. If you know the style she likes you should be able to then find the diamond that fits your budget. I decided to go for a better quality diamond over a huge one.

Congrats! We thought it'd be easy to see everyone whilst we were away but folks were in different resorts so it meant a lot of chasing about in the end.

Yeah it was the same for us. Some people I only barely spoke to the day of the wedding which I felt a bit guilty about. And I had 15 family members miss the ceremony as they got lost.

Same here - I made sure to spend time with the people who'd travelled furthest and I see the least but felt guilty not spending enough time with the family, especially the parents.

We had 4 people miss the ceremony through getting lost.  Glad it was only a short service though, as I felt like I was gonna black out wearing a suit in that heat!

Same here - I made sure to spend time with the people who'd travelled furthest and I see the least but felt guilty not spending enough time with the family, especially the parents.

We had 4 people miss the ceremony through getting lost.  Glad it was only a short service though, as I felt like I was gonna black out wearing a suit in that heat!

What if you did and this is all a dream...

Awesome mate! Share the rest when you get them.

A question though - are you taller than 8pints?!

Haha not sure how tall he is but I'm vertically superior to a lot of men. The wife did have to put a pair of high heels on for the wedding day.

• Like 1

Awesome mate! Share the rest when you get them.

A question though - are you taller than 8pints?!

Haha not sure how tall he is but I'm vertically superior to a lot of men. The wife did have to put a pair of high heels on for the wedding day.

I'm 6ft10 

Everyone gather around! 8pints and DCJonah are going to have a tall off!! 

GIANT FIGHT! GIANT FIGHT! GIANT FIGHT! GIANT FIGHT! GIANT FIGHT! GIANT FIGHT! GIANT FIGHT! GIANT FIGHT!

• Like 1

Let's bitch about leg room on flights and the tutting that comes from behind when you sit down in the cinema or theatre

I have that problem, and I'm only 6ft2. God knows how bad it must be for you and 8pints. 

To be fair I'm 6ft 5 so 8pints will look down on me, I'm not at his level.

I have to always get to the airport very early to try and get emergency exit seats.

I'm aware I'm ruining a nice wedding thread by complaining about issues faced by the taller man so I'll stop now.

• Like 3

Let's bitch about leg room on flights and the tutting that comes from behind when you sit down in the cinema or theatre

Or how at weddings about seventeen people want to dance with you at the same time, thinking they can just hang on to you or even dance around you like you're a centre-piece...or is that just me?

Down town Tokyo is safe for now then. 

Godzilla_king_kong_small.jpg

We come in peace. Not a sexual reference.

But we are clumsy. A sexual reference.

I have that problem, and I'm only 6ft2. God knows how bad it must be for you and 8pints. 

I don't really need planes, a few strides and I'm usually at the place that I want to get to. Is this a sexual reference?

To be fair I'm 6ft 5 so 8pints will look down on me, I'm not at his level.

king-kong-movie-ann-o.gif

I'm aware I'm ruining a nice wedding thread by complaining about issues faced by the taller man so I'll stop now.

With these Wedding pictures, you have shown that acceptance can be found out there and positive relationships can be built with these humans, going as far as, dare I say, some can even grow to love us.

You are a symbol of hope for our Planet.

• Like 3

Â